Metal Meet Forums  

Go Back   Metal Meet Forums > Metal Shaping Events > Reports from shows,seminars, and shop tours

Reports from shows,seminars, and shop tours Have you attended a show or metalshaping seminar lately? Have you recently visited an outstanding shop? Here's your chance to show some pictures and write your first hand account of the experience.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:49 PM

Talking Your shop is too clean, Eddie!!

Hi Eddie
Cool photo's.
In #6, is that a 1958 Corvette in the background?

Someday, I'll learn how to use all of these tool's, but then I'll have to build a bigger shop, so each tool has it's own space!

Leaving a surplus store, or a garage sale with an empty truck, is a sign of a sick mind.........
Old 11-29-2005, 06:49 AM

Default Better hear than there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene_Olson
Eddie,

How did you happen to find us here?

Gene
A guy came to SEMA and got one of my new books and later emailed me and told me about this forum and that I should visit it, I was on the Ol’ Skool Rodz forum but this one is much more professional..
Eddie Paul
Old 11-29-2005, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonejunking
Hi Eddie
Cool photo's.
In #6, is that a 1958 Corvette in the background?
Yes it is a '58 it belongs to a friend and we are going to use it in a video we are producing on fiberglass repair for Eastwood Company we also have a Batmobile we are building for someone else. The rest of the cars are mine, we do not do a lot of retail work, just stuff for movies and a few private collectors. Most of the money I make is from the books, the videos and the tools that we make, it is hard to make money off the cars, if you what to do it right, because it just takes too long and no one, (make that very few) can afford a job done right. So I try to do the job at cost of below cost and make my profit off the ancillaries, such as the tapes and videos. You have to do the cars because you love your job or you will not do it well.
Eddie Paul
Old 11-29-2005, 08:14 AM

Default ol skool Joke!!!

I was on Ol skool rodz and all I can say is what a joke! People act like complete idiots flaming eachother like crazy.

Brandon McCarthy
Old 11-30-2005, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustomizingkid
I was on Ol skool rodz and all I can say is what a joke! People act like complete idiots flaming eachother like crazy.

Brandon McCarthy
Life is to short, you gotta build someting... not jsut talk about it... And why not wan it to look nice? I must be getting old.
Eddie Paul
Old 11-30-2005, 06:16 AM
MetalMeet founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Paul
Life is too short, you gotta build someting... not just talk about it... And why not want it to look nice? I must be getting old.
Eddie Paul
Hi Eddie,

Words of wisdom!

click here to visit My New Ebay Store
Shrinking Discs,BeaterBags,DVD

Comprehensive sheetmetal shaping classes, offered one weekend every month. Please e-mail me direct for more information.
wesparts@charter.net
Old 11-30-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Cut a Porsche in half...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wray Schelin
Hi Eddie,

Words of wisdom!
We are just starting the PIXAR job and I get to cut a new Porsche in half, (whoopie!!!) I will try to send photos as we proceed down here on the project. I have to find out what I am allowed to show and what I can not show, first.
Eddie Paul
Old 11-30-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Fear

When my dad bought a lexas and paid $58,000 for it i had to drill some 1 inch holes in the door jamb to mount door poppers for him as he is handicaped. a moment of fear went through me as i started drilling on this brand new car. I cant imagine cutting a new porsche in half. Of course if the owner was there while i did the cutting it would be hard not to say

opps. I guess thats just the sick side of me.:twisted:

Gator
Old 11-30-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator 1
When my dad bought a lexas and paid $58,000 for it i had to drill some 1 inch holes in the door jamb to mount door poppers for him as he is handicaped. a moment of fear went through me as i started drilling on this brand new car. I cant imagine cutting a new porsche in half. Of course if the owner was there while i did the cutting it would be hard not to say

opps. I guess thats just the sick side of me.:twisted:

Gator
You do kinda get used to it after (who knows how many cars) we have cut up for films. but still, there is that bit of uneasiness in the pit of your stomach as the blade hits the paint for the first cut, after that, it is just smooth cutting.
I will take plenty of photos and video as we cut the car.
Eddie Paul
Old 01-02-2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene_Olson
Eddie,

How did you happen to find us here?

Gene
Someone emailed me and told me about the site and I was impressed with the level of experience the members have.
Eddie Paul