Metal Meet Forums  

Go Back   Metal Meet Forums > Vendor Market Place > Gulley Performance Center

Gulley Performance Center Sheet Metal Shaping Tools, Auto Body Repair Tools, How to Books and Videos and so much more.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:07 PM

Default Metalmeet Supporting Vendor

I have planned since our last International Metalmeet to create a post about our faithful vendors. The vendors who have supported Metalmeet in positive ways for many years. These vendors truly deserve our support. I cannot thank them enough for being there for us. Lucky for us that the quality of their products is top of the line.
I wish to make these posts as we constantly have new members who may not know our vendors and what they do.

Gulley Performance Center
http://www.gulleyperformancecenter.com/
Owned and Operated by Jerry Gulley

If you have ever been to any of the International Metalmeets including the first meet called FormFest in Huntsville Alabama, then you have seen Jerry Gulley. Jerry might be the only person who has been to every meet we have ever had. The only other person I can think of is possibly Randy Ferguson.

DSCN2256x.jpg

This is Jerry in his tool trailer which is Jerry's home away from home 23 weekends a year. Pictured is a small part of the tools Jerry brings. Many tables outside are full of items.

Jerry's roots go deep into the automobile industry as well as welding and fabrication. Jerry's father built and owned dirt track race cars in the early 1950s so naturally Jerry was into them too. Jerry started driving drag racing cars as a kid. Later Jerry started building engines and drag cars as a business. Custom sheet metal interiors were also part of that job. Jerry took two years of engineering in college, which helped him pursue his racing passion. While building cars and engines Jerry also had a regular 40 hour a week job working for Kodak where he was a welder and fabricator. He learned to operate heavy equipment like a shear that would cut 1 inch thick steel sheets. Yes I said 1 inch thick sheets. Jerry eventually retired from Eastman Kodak.

Nowadays Jerry travels about 15 thousand miles a year in his pickup pulling a trailer of high quality tools. He sets up 23 times each year at shows all over the South and Midwest U.S.A. Operating out of the same building in Kingsport Tennessee since 1973 Jerry does a good business because he only sells quality tools. Always searching for the highest quality and American made tools to sell Jerry has actually found some great quality items not made in America. He sells Sandpaper that is manufactured in Germany and the very cool Multitool belt sander attachment for bench grinders is made in Australia. Other quality American made items that Jerry sells are Martin hammers and dollys. Mitler Brothers bead rollers and dies, Beverly Shear and Burr King bench grinders, various metalshaping DVD's and many many more.

Jerry seems to enjoy the friendships he has built selling tools, so if you see him set up at a show stop by and say hi to him. He is a easy going man and again, Metalmeet is very lucky to have him as a supporting vendor. So please think about our vendors and the quality of their products. When you buy quality tools, you will have them a lifetime and so might your children.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:15 PM

Paul thank you for taking the time to do these write ups!

Gang you just can't go wrong when you do business with guys like Jerry.

These posts are a simple way to really say THANK YOU to the folks who really do support the craft and do business in the good old fashioned way! What they sell is first rate and I always look forward to catching up with them in Oblong! These guys really do deserve a big

ATTA BOY!!!

Stay tuned more to come

Ray Rodman
Manager of BuglytoolS Intergalactic Division!
Center of the most disgruntled employees in the universe!!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM

Great job Paul. Many thanks to Jerry for always being there. Rusty
Old 01-17-2012, 07:24 AM

I just bought a Mittler Brothers bead roller and some extra rolls from Gulley. I had questions about them and he got the answers I was looking for. He was in contact with me telling me of the shipping date and tracking number. I looked at a lot of other sellers but went with Gulley , because he supported us metalworkers. I to am into racing ( Dirt Modifieds). We build the frames and the bodys. We also build street rods. The day after it arrived we had the stand made and are playing with it now. The first big project will be Barb's 53 Studebaker ( new frame, floor,the list goes on) I will buy again from Gulley. Steve
Old 02-20-2012, 11:27 AM

Just spoke with Jerry and ordered a few dollies and a hammer. Very nice man and the ordering process was simple, looking forward to getting the tools.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrln View Post
Just spoke with Jerry and ordered a few dollies and a hammer. Very nice man and the ordering process was simple, looking forward to getting the tools.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Kevin thanks for supporting our vendors. When I first got hooked up with this group, I never gave a thought to where I bought my tools. I even used to buy at HF. I understand we all need to watch our dollars more closely now days. It was my New Years resolution 2 years ago to look for American made tools when I bought new. For example, I went to a local farming store to buy a cable come-along (winch). The China made ones could be had for 20 bucks but I bought the American made model for 40. I know it will out last me so I will never buy another one and I feel safe using it.
Anyway back to our vendors. When I decided to buy American tools and spend a little more, I started looking at what our vendors offered. Great tools built in America sometimes by the skilled hands of a friend. How could I do better? I can't. Also if there is a learning curve to properly using a new tool, our vendors will be more than willing to talk to me on the phone and get me straightened out. You cant get that at a tool store.
Not to mention as a group we benifit from their knowledge and kindness.

So again, hats off to our vendors.