Metal Meet Forums  

Go Back   Metal Meet Forums > General Sheetmetal Shaping Discussion > Metalshaping business issues

Metalshaping business issues Starting, building and running a sheetmetal shaping business .

Old 12-06-2011, 07:56 PM

Default Pita

I wouldn't lose much sleep over being bad mouthed by a flake like that. Any one that knows him probably knows he is a flake and of the rest some will and some won't buy his BS but what are the chances that they were coming to you anyway.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 AM

A lot of good advice on this problem. I ran into the same type of issue a few years ago. My friend's dad was going through a divorce and got behind on rent and bill with his business. I offered to split my shop with him and started machining parts for him. Things were going well for a while, long story short, he ends up splitting, sticking me pretty bad.

I failed to do the same thing you did, limit my risk to a manageable level. like someone had mentioned before, take it as "tuiton" and move on.

But that doesn't mean to give the guy his car back, and hope he pays. Put a lein on it, and focus on the next project.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 PM

Just sat down and read this thread. Seems like everyone has had problems at one time or another. I'm there too. I do alright if I remember what a guy told me one time, Credit to no one and discounts only to your momma, and you will make a living.