Metal Meet Forums  

Go Back   Metal Meet Forums > • Metalshaping Tutorials > Ongoing debates in the craft of sheetmetal shaping

Ongoing debates in the craft of sheetmetal shaping All the hot potato issues in the craft of sheetmetal shaping will get aired out here and allowed to cool down. Both sides of the debate will be argued and members can make up their own minds.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:55 PM

Ya, I ordered 40 sheets of 18ga AK from Rolled Steel last year and they were really good to work with and got it shipped all the way to Alaska. At the time, there was a 3 week wait for 19ga and I didn't want to wait that long, so planning ahead is probably a good idea.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:24 AM

Hello All,
Well looking at the last post its been a while so maybe this bump will help some one.
Even though this is listed in silly post here is some info for purchasing 19 GA AK sheet steel. Any quantities you want.
QMF Metal Products, 3846 IH 30 East, Campbell, TX., 75422
800-881-4071 Toll Free
Local 903-455-3618

They are Just East of Greenville, Texas bout 6 miles on Interstae 30.
I just purchased 10 sheets of AK CR 19 gauge and it was $87.50 for 4 x 8 sheets. Price for 5 sheets was $132.50 Quantity does make a price difference. I was glad to get 19 gauge period! CR or AK.
I drove down and picked it up as I am only 88 miles from there. I told them about the "METALMEET" site and that some one here had mentioned their name on it in a forum some where. This site has been tremendous help to me and I am trying to do my part so for you people who can't find the CR or AKCR or DQCR in N.E.Texas, Southeast Oklahoma,N.W. Louisiana and S.W. Arkansas this is a great place to deal with. They had the stuff for me in 4 days. They will ship. They do not sheer but can get it sheared to the size you need for shipping when they order.
I am making a Deck Lid for a 32 Dodge DG coupe and the AK is working well for me.The picture is of the owner from Colorado and his friend. He's Happy
!PICT6426.jpg

I used CR for most stuff I have made over the past 10 or so years and the AK seems to form better for me. But I'm still a rookie.
Thanks MM again for this site.

BTW
I will be traveling to Colorado in Septembe r( 2012 ) before the 19th. so if some one wants some of the metal and they get the order in I will drop it off any where between Hugo,Oklahoma and Colorado Springs,Colorado. You will have to pay for it in advance and notify them I will pick it up. I'm not sure if I will have atrailer on with this car or not but I will be driving a 1/2 ton pick up with a empty bed so $30 or $40 bucks for gas to deliver this would be appreciated. Cash.

Mike Tipton