PDA

View Full Version : MN 2012 spring meet attendace/demo list

CARS
03-05-2012, 05:36 PM
I talked to Dan for a bit today and he has asked me to plan Friday and Saturday's events. All info is here: http://metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9580

If you would, copy and paste the following in bold and add your reply so we know a little more about what to expect and plan for.

Name(s) of attendees:

What days you plan to attend?:

What you are interested in learning?

More advanced shapers, please answer this for us.
Willing to spend some time one of the days for a seminar?:

What subject/skill for said seminar:

What day and time would you prefer to give your seminar/demo?:

Do you require anything special (equipment, tools, lighting, etc) to give your seminar/demo?:

This event is getting quite large. Everyone who is interested in various methods of forming metal is invited to attend. (although Dan has already expressed concern about shaping with explosives :rolleyes: ) We are just trying to get an idea of who is coming, who will offer their expertise so we can clean up enough room, possibly arrange a tent, etc. and make this event better than the last!

Any questions/concerns please PM me. If you want to know what Dan was thinking by asking me to do this, PM him :lol:

CARS
04-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Just bringing this up again because no one has said anything on this site.

Looking for a few more people to demo the proper use of shaping tools.

PM me if you're shy. :evil:

Metalman Sweden
04-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Chris, if there is some interest to pick up some pretty basic tricks how to create useful patterns with simple tools I gladly share my idea´s :)

What subject/skill for said seminar:
Basic tricks to create fabrication patterns

Do you require anything special (equipment, tools, lighting, etc) to give your seminar/demo?:
a threaded rod w some nuts, a divider, some permanent markers, scrap of sheet, magnets

I guess the best way to do this would be for 8-10 persons so if there are a greater interest I will show it a second time, I just need a hour for this so put it up when it fits the schedule best :p

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=349&pictureid=7742

// Per

CARS
04-23-2012, 09:12 AM
It's next week!!!
Thanks to all of those who are volunteering to give a seminar. I will do my best to help you with the tools you need to put them on.

So far this is what is going on.

Cass is attending Friday. Even if he doesn't do anything formally, its worth just evesdropping on his conversations.

Kerry Pinkerton will give his metalshaping 101/102 class on Saturday at 10:00 am.

Leo Straley has offered to show the basics of shaping with the Eckold. Day and time will be determined once Leo knows when he will be there. ;)

Uncle Johnny will show his stuff on the beadroller.

Steve Hamilton offered to show the proper way to TIG weld and shaping metal.

Per will show us some ways to make patterns for patches.

Pat Brewbaker just informed me that he would like to do a seminar called Shaping by Numbers.

And on top of that, everyone is more than happy to help with any other questions you may have.

I am planning to have the seminars in a "quiet" location so we can hear eachother over the racket made by shapers not attending the classes.

route56wingnut
04-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Cass plans on a couple of seminars that at this time have not been determined . I will be seeing him on Tues and will figure it out then.