PDA

View Full Version : Added anothe tool for making tooling

Charley Davidson
01-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Just made a deal on this Burke #4 horizontal mill with a vertical head attachment and a few collets. Has a 110 vlt motor so I can use it in my new shop(storage unit) Gotta go to Memphis to pick it up hopefully Sat. if any of you are in Memphis and can come help me load it and move another mill (part of the deal) let me know.

Paul Aitchison
01-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Great little machines, I got mine a few years back. I believe it may have come out of the U.S. mint many years ago.
As always I wish it was just a little bit bigger :rolleyes:, but it's amazing what can be done with a little ingenuity on this guy.
Watch ebay for inexpensive cutters.
Olf Art

Charley Davidson
01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
You buy the cutters with the B&S #9 taper or just regular cutters and use collets? I'm assuming you have the vertical head attachment.

Dawai
01-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Charlie, you'd be surprised how "Handy" that lil 7" Shaper in the background of that picture is too.. (painted dark green). They are SLOW.. but you can sharpen tooling on a grinder instead of write a check to enco for more endmills.

Good deal on the horiz mill.. they are handy too.. I cnc'ed one about 5 years back to cut gears. Also cnc'ed a 16" shaper.. that thing was dangerous to be around thou, it'd stick shavings in the wall about 5-10 feet away..

Charley Davidson
01-26-2012, 04:27 AM
Shaper is not for sale or I would pick it up too. The only reason I bought the horizontal is because it had the vertical head. Would love to have a small shaper.