PDA

View Full Version : Cuesta College & MetalMeet.com July 13,14,&15 2012

Tony Sanchez
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo and MetalMeet.com

will be hosting a regional metal shaping meet Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 13, 14 and 15, 2012. The meet will be at Cuesta Junior College from 8:00AM to 5:00PM daily. The cost is $50 for the event to cover the cost of materials and consumables.

Pre-registration is strongly suggested. Please use PayPal to pay for your registration sending it to fatfendertruck@gmail.com (fatfendertruck@gmail.com). Include your name and phone number when sending your payment.

Please bring your own safety equipment eye protection; hearing protection; gloves; etc. If possible bring your e-wheel; bags; stands; hand tools; mallets; and related metal shaping equipment.

San Luis Obispo is a beautiful small town in central California approximately ten miles from the ocean. Google San Luis Obispo for lodging and restaurant information. Cuesta Junior College is located on Highway 101, midway between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay. For further info regarding the meet contact Tony Sanchez at fatfendertruck@gmail.com (fatfendertruck@gmail.com).

Some photos of the 2011 meet

oldgoaly
01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
On the calendar! tt;)

Tony Sanchez
01-23-2012, 06:41 PM
---Thanks Terry.

Peter Tommasini
01-23-2012, 07:16 PM
HI Tony there is a few good progect going on there
good to see
Peter

red baron
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Its not a holiday weekend, so I can definitely make this!!! Tony, if you need any help with this, just let me know!

Tisdelski
01-23-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't know Tony,

A 30 minute drive might be too much :)

Gary

Tony Sanchez
01-24-2012, 12:22 AM
---Mike, Gary, we are going to need a bunch of help. We are looking for folks to do some demos, seminars and be leaders.
Peter, the Morro Bay/San Luis Obispo area are nice vacation spots, and you could attend the meet.:D
--Tony

DanGunit
01-24-2012, 01:11 AM
I had a blast last year, count me in!

Tisdelski
01-24-2012, 02:03 AM
---Mike, Gary, we are going to need a bunch of help. We are looking for folks to do some demos, seminars and be leaders.
Peter, the Morro Bay/San Luis Obispo area are nice vacation spots, and you could attend the meet.:D
--Tony

I will do the beginner seminar again if you like.

Gary

red baron
01-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Tony, I can come up next week and we can discuss what needs to be done.

Peter Tommasini
01-24-2012, 06:41 PM
--Tony

I would love to attend but my schedule this year is full unfortunately.
Peter

Tony Sanchez
01-25-2012, 12:02 AM
---Gary, that would be fantastic, now if I can find some more demonstrators.
Mike, next week should be open.
Peter, maybe we can tolk you into attending next year.

hoffman
02-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Way into this again this year.

Thanks for getting these things together. I'm going to drag Jesse Modesto down for this this one, and probably a couple more pals.

Jeff

Tony Sanchez
02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
---Jeff, that is great the more the merrier.

Tony Sanchez
02-07-2012, 07:01 PM
---Dan will you be doing a demo this year again? I am looking for folks to help out in that department.

DanGunit
02-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Sure Tony, i'd love to. I'll probably be bringing a friend as well.

Tony Sanchez
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
---Thanks Dan, I think that you impressed a lot of folks with your tools and procedures.

Tony Sanchez
02-10-2012, 02:32 PM
---If anyone going to the CC/MM meet is intrested in a steel and aluminum buy please contact me. If there is enough intrest I will find someone to head up a buy and see if it is feasible to make a purchase.

Tony Sanchez
02-27-2012, 12:28 PM
---I am still looking for people to do demos, seminars and help in organizing the Cuesta College meet. If interested please contact me, Tony Sanchez, fatfendertruck@gmail.com/

matt
03-07-2012, 09:28 PM
I am definitely looking forward to it.
~Matt

Tony Sanchez
04-16-2012, 08:48 PM
---Bringing this back to the top.

will be hosting a regional metal shaping meet Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 13, 14 and 15, 2012. The meet will be at Cuesta Junior College from 8:00AM to 5:00PM daily. The cost is $50 for the event to cover the cost of materials and consumables.

Pre-registration is strongly suggested. Please use PayPal to pay for your registration sending it to fatfendertruck@gmail.com (fatfendertruck@gmail.com). Include your name and phone number when sending your payment.

Please bring your own safety equipment eye protection; hearing protection; gloves; etc. If possible bring your e-wheel; bags; stands; hand tools; mallets; and related metal shaping equipment.

San Luis Obispo is a beautiful small town in central California approximately ten miles from the ocean. Google San Luis Obispo for lodging and restaurant information. Cuesta Junior College is located on Highway 101, midway between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay. For further info regarding the meet contact Tony Sanchez at fatfendertruck@gmail.com (fatfendertruck@gmail.com).

Tony Sanchez
04-18-2012, 08:08 PM
---Bringing it back to the top.

Tony Sanchez
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
---Still looking for some folks to some seminars or demos at the Cuesta College Meet.

Tony Sanchez
04-29-2012, 12:23 PM
---Back to the top

Pete's Metalshaping
05-29-2012, 01:35 PM
BTTT for a while

Tony Sanchez
05-29-2012, 09:51 PM
---I just found out today that Ron Covell will be attending this meet.

red baron
05-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Nice! I'm just waiting on the confirmation that I will have that weekend off, but definitely looking forward to it!

merlinsautobody
06-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Tony; I'm starting to make progress on cacthing up after that dry spell last year hopefully I will be able to make it. at least right now prospects are good. would like to bring my horizontal press but it won't fit in my little toyota' but I can fit other things in it. I'll keep you posted.

Gale

Tony Sanchez
06-04-2012, 09:18 PM
---Gale, It will be great to see you at the San Luis Obispo meet.
---Tony

Pete's Metalshaping
06-04-2012, 09:34 PM
For anyone interested, there are some possibilities for camping in the area. PM me for details.

Tony Sanchez
06-04-2012, 10:06 PM
---Only 38 days left before the Cuesta College / MetalMeet & West Coast Metal Shapers event. It is very imperative that the folks that are trying to organize this meet know how many are going to attend. Eddie Salais and Ron Mc Donald are planning to have lunch and maybe breakfast burritos at the meet. Also we plan on supplying some materials and most of the consumables that will be used at the meet. Please help us out by registering early.
We are also planning to have some demonstrations by some of the attending metal shapers. Just some short seminars to get you started on a project.

1. Beginning metal shaping
2. Shaping a mini fender (clock fender)
3. Shaping a motor cycle gas tank
4. Getting started in riveting
5. Special shrinking techniques
6. How to make some simple homemade tools.

I hope to have more information on the demonstrations soon.

And to top off the meet Ron Covell will be there for guidance, direction and to interact with you personally. Well worth the $50 entry fee.

Tony Sanchez
06-15-2012, 10:29 PM
---Due to unforeseen circumstances Ron Covell will not be able to attend the Cuesta College meet.