PDA

View Full Version : Route 56 fall regional meet

route56wingnut
08-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Well its that time again getting ready for the Fall meet.I have chosen 10-20 thru 10-23 as the date.Those that have never been to an event,and maybe some of those that just need to review what is expected of these events,should go to the sticky thread that the admin team will post to read over.Or you can contact me by PM or call 507-263-7411 with any questions.Anybody that would like to volunteer helping with some of the organizing would be greatly apreciated to help make this an orderly,fun and educational event.Hey Leo is popping in a few days early to work on the COE and anyone else that wants to get involved early are more than welcome.I will probably have a cutoff of 50 so get signed up early.Anyone wanting to put on a demo dont be afraid to step forward.Dan

CARS
08-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Yea!!!! CARS and CARStoo will be there!!!

ifixvws
09-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I told my bride is was going this fall(after the spring meet was missed) no matter what.

I cant wait.

CARS
09-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Here is a basic map to Dan's:

It's not hard to find, but alot of people have had issues finding it with GPS so bring your trusty paper map along as a back-up!

We had an idea late during the spring event that never got going because we had to leave on Saturday. A 50/50 drawing every afternoon to help off-set some of the cost of hosting. Simple rules. $1.00 a chance. The winner gets 50% of the pot, Dan gets the rest to pay the light bill :idea: We'll put Becky (CARStoo) in charge of it. Tickets available by the copper table.

Kahonas
09-08-2011, 04:57 AM
I am very interested in attending the meet, but as a newbie I have some questions, is there any costs and do I need to bring anything? Being new I have almost no tools, and no machines but it would be a good excuse for my wife to buy some! Also, do I need to register?
Kyle

CARS
09-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I am very interested in attending the meet, but as a newbie I have some questions, is there any costs and do I need to bring anything? Being new I have almost no tools, and no machines but it would be a good excuse for my wife to buy some! Also, do I need to register?
Kyle

Welcome Kyle!

The only registering process is giving Dan a call (# is in the first post). You're close enough. If you are willing to give numerous processes a try and keep your hands out of your pockets, you are welcome.

I know he wants to limit the people to people who want to work, not stand around. Space is getting limited, this is a well attended event.

Cost. Dan has a can. If you break a drill bit, ask what it cost to replace and put that amount in the can so he can replace it. If you use 1/2 sheet of 19 gauge, ask what it cost, and put it in the can. If you eat 2 donuts and a few cups of coffee, put some money in the can (don't forget he had to drive somewhere to get this stuff, don't skimp on the added cost of gas). He roasted a hog last spring. A hog costs a few hundred dollars... keep that in mind when you add to the can. The electric company has to come out and replace the bearings in the meter after every meet :rolleyes: If you are using power, add to the can.

Tools... IN THE PAST, unless you look creepier than the rest of the crowd (pretty hard to do), you can use people's tools with their permission. I am sure that if you are working with someone, you can use their tools ;) Bring what you can and get an idea of what you need to buy next!

Other bits.
Food- haven't heard yet but Dan does a good job of sending someone out for donuts in the morning and has (in the past) provided a free-will donation great big meal on Saturday noon. Haven't heard any details yet (he is busy going to another Meet for the next week). I am sure he will chime in as we get closer. I always brought ham and buns to live on.
Beverages- I always bring a cooler along. Mostly water/soda pop. In the past, beer/drinks have happened AFTER the work is done. (that is usually around 10pm on Friday and Saturday). It's not a party, it's a metal shaping event. (Funny thing: The last two meets that Becky has attended, there seems to be more of the beer after work :confused: )

To help Dan and Luann with some of the troubles and costs we (CARS & CARStoo) will have a 50/50 drawing at the copper flower table. $1.00 a chance, winner gets 50%, the Pate's get the other 50% of the pot.

The #1 rule is when you don't know something, you have to yell "Hey Dan"! :lol: (you gotta be there)

Dawai
09-09-2011, 09:56 PM
And yet... even when the Large poster at your event was shown saying "WE no longer support Metalmeet" here you are advertising your event here asking for support from Metalmeet?

I am not sure I understand the event politics, or yours.. You have my phone number if you would like to explain it to me

I asked to bring some friends to your event who were interested in learning some metalshaping. You informed me that it was not "that kind of event".. I even offered to help organize the problems that would come with new-non metal meet members.??? and yet.. my previous post was deleted from this advertisement for your event.. at your request.

THIS IS NOT A THREAT, THIS IS NOT HARRASSMENT, THIS IS A PROTEST AGAINST YOUR USING A FORUM TO ADVERTISE THAT YOUR EVENT BAD MOUTHED.

HOW ABOUT A PUBLIC APOLOGY?? That'd go a long way to mend some bridges. I Think DICK had it right off the bat. The Event Date was set to conflict with MM agenda.

NOTE TO FORUM ADMINISTRATORS.. IF YOU REMOVE MY POSTS I ASK YOU REMOVE ALL CONTENT SUBMITTED BY MYSELF TO THIS FORUM.

DYCE
09-10-2011, 12:21 AM
And yet... even when the Large poster at your event was shown saying "WE no longer support Metalmeet" here you are advertising your event here asking for support from Metalmeet?

I am not sure I understand the event politics, or yours.. You have my phone number if you would like to explain it to me

I asked to bring some friends to your event who were interested in learning some metalshaping. You informed me that it was not "that kind of event".. I even offered to help organize the problems that would come with new-non metal meet members.??? and yet.. my previous post was deleted from this advertisement for your event.. at your request.

THIS IS NOT A THREAT, THIS IS NOT HARRASSMENT, THIS IS A PROTEST AGAINST YOUR USING A FORUM TO ADVERTISE THAT YOUR EVENT BAD MOUTHED.

HOW ABOUT A PUBLIC APOLOGY?? That'd go a long way to mend some bridges. I Think DICK had it right off the bat. The Event Date was set to conflict with MM agenda.

NOTE TO FORUM ADMINISTRATORS.. IF YOU REMOVE MY POSTS I ASK YOU REMOVE ALL CONTENT SUBMITTED BY MYSELF TO THIS FORUM.

Does this mean your not coming? Bummer!!

route56wingnut
09-10-2011, 03:26 AM
David, In reguards to my asking the moderators to move the posts that had no bearing on my event,I felt that the topics that you were bringing up had no relevance to my or any regional or national event.These are events designed to bring together like minded individuals that have one common love and that is metal shapping.These are not designed to be a meet and greet -party, I make it very clear when talking to others that want to come to my event that they should come to get involved or bring a project.
I have no idea where you are comming from to insinuate that we have anything other than good to come to metalmeet .I have stated before and dont think it needs to be clarified that I support metalmeet , the HAMB , ********shaping , the guild of metalsmiths and many others . For you to infer that I have an agenda other than getting together with like minded folks than you are either practicing the old art of reflection or just plain misinformed.
Now for those that wouldnt know this , I had a lengthy conversation with you and thought I explained quite well that these events are not like what you had in mind.I have hosted many events and all the negativity you were talking about I dont see and dont care to enjoy at my events.You obviously dont know anything about me or the folks that show up at our event,to say we need to lighten up is insane as we have an enormous amount of fun that doesnt require guns ,fistfights , heart atacks,and all the other silly things.Also I never said a thing about your freinds not being welcome if metal shapping is what there intent was ,so lets get that straight.I might suggest that if your wish is to get together at an event that more fits what you are looking for , there has to be something out there that fits that .
As far as an appology , there is none needed from my side , however if you would like to extend one to all members here for hijacking this thread it would be greated with open arms. Dan

route56wingnut
09-10-2011, 03:32 AM
Also one other thing about the dates of my event,it hasnt changed as there are many things going on all over the country and world.My event is controled by the date of the Twin City Roadsters Swap meet.It is and has been the week after that event.Dont place your own thoughts into the realities that are . Facts dont lie you can just look them up.Dan

Dawai
09-10-2011, 04:55 AM
All information is relative to this event, post. There is no hijacking.

If you wish to "own and control content of the public forum MetalMeet posts" I suggest you move this thread to the paid section of the forum, and pay advertising fees. That's not my call thou, or it would be there or gone. I am a forum member, not a administrator.

You are right, I don't know you. You are running a un-protected event with no security or concern for the health and safety of people attending. I have talked to you now what? Twice?

I wish you the best, the best of times at your event. I have tried to help you. You have taken possible personal offense at it.

doesnt require guns ,fistfights , heart atacks,and all the other silly things.
Protecting attendees from acts of irrational violence, or untrained people from using dangerous equipment is just common sense. As far as Heart attacks go? look that one up too.. Oblong?? there is no way to guard against that occurring, only provide some help by asking on the sign in sheet if anyone has CPR training and can volunteer if someone goes down.

I am getting the bike out now and visiting some friends. Supposed to be a beautiful day. I suggest you relax and make provisions to look out for yourself and others.

CARS
09-10-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm a First Responder. I can administer CPR. In fact, I bet 50% of the countries population could assist until EMT's arrive.

There, we have the heart related problems figured out. Now how do I make a reverse on my tear-drop trailer's fenders?? :lol:

Henry Votel
09-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Geez.

Our moderators should consider activating that special feature in vBulletin where a certain party posting sees all their posts on their computer, but nobody else has to see them on their computer.

Its' called "Global Ignore".

Think Happy! There's another Route 56 MetalMeet coming up.

warrenoutrides
09-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Been there done that- Dan is a fantastic man-Dan's meet is fantastic- the people are the best you will ever meet (on this earth)- everyone works together better than anywhere I have experienced. Don't hesitate to register if you want to learn metalshaping. Don't think I will make Route56 this fall, jacking up part of my new (1856 model year) building to replace a rotted sill plate.
A big Thank You to Dan and all the superior craftsmen that I have been learning so much from there.
Thanks To All

warrenoutrides
09-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Now if I could get this metalmastr to cut block. :rolleyes:

DYCE
09-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Been there done that- Dan is a fantastic man-Dan's meet is fantastic- the people are the best you will ever meet (on this earth)- everyone works together better than anywhere I have experienced. Don't hesitate to register if you want to learn metalshaping. Don't think I will make Route56 this fall, jacking up part of my new (1856 model year) building to replace a rotted sill plate.
A big Thank You to Dan and all the superior craftsmen that I have been learning so much from there.
Thanks To All

I hope you get the house sorted out before winter. You'll be missed Don, you are one of the regulars I look forward to seeing......

Justin C
09-12-2011, 07:42 PM
this is coming up fast. I better get my hotel room reserved. I may be traviling solo this time.

route56wingnut
09-27-2011, 05:28 AM
I think its time to get a closer head count as things are filling up and I need to make provisions for room and food . So if you are comming or havnt stated you are , please call or post here. thank you

route56wingnut
09-27-2011, 05:30 AM
Now if I could get this metalmastr to cut block. :rolleyes:

Will it cut those yummy "Crack" bars your wife makes . HINT HINT

ifixvws
10-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Getting the stack of things I will be working on ready. With the new hire at the shop, I will be able to have that Friday off too.

Can't wait.:D

route56wingnut
10-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Getting the stack of things I will be working on ready. With the new hire at the shop, I will be able to have that Friday off too.

Can't wait.:D

Chad , What are you bringing along ? Dan

ifixvws
10-11-2011, 10:54 PM
I have a bead former I have been working on for some time. I would like to just finish that. Maybe make a stand for a shrinker/stretcher.

Mostly I want absorb as much info I can. :D

CARS
10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
A week away!!!

Just a heads up for anyone camping (like us) , http://www.accuweather.com/us/mn/dennison/55018/forecast-details.asp?fday=6

Dress warm and prepare for some scattered showers (ya, like the forecasters get anything right!).

Low of 35f Saturday night http://www.********shaping.com/images/smilies/frown.gif . We might have to get a room http://www.********shaping.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Justin C
10-20-2011, 05:42 PM
anyone there yet?