PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! tool id

johnny rocket
07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
What is this machine at 9 min. Into video, any help would be great ?

http://youtu.be/CU5D5MnS5U8

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU5D5MnS5U8)

oldgoaly
07-19-2011, 04:33 PM
C-frame on right? heavy cast iron? painted gray? looks to me like a heavy duty shear like Leibert(the one in video much bigger) . Shane from Baileigh had a pic of one used as a lawn ornament. (but I can't seem to find) Matbe called a slitting shear??? tt

johnny rocket
07-19-2011, 04:49 PM
That would be the one. So is this like a old pullmax style nibbler and what is the handwheel for?

Ken Hosford
07-19-2011, 06:46 PM
I once looked at a 100 ton Cleveland punch look very similar they told me $600 delivered but y the time I had figured out how to unload the price changed

oldgoaly
07-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Not a pullmax style, but a Libert only much bigger!

Doug98105
07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
It could be a shear like TT says. The hand wheel might be an adjustment for a material hold down.

It could also be a punching machine. Some large Roper Whitney punches have a hand wheel like that to lower the punch down to the material for precise hole location.

Down close to the floor there's a crank to adjust soemthing, back gage maybe?

Johnny: why do you need to know, curiosity?

johnny rocket
07-19-2011, 08:55 PM
I am curious about this machine because it is no longer at the location in the video, but I think i know where it is located now and trying to figure out if I should buy it for shaping metal.

And yes i know it is HUGE and HEAVY:o

oldgoaly
07-20-2011, 07:57 AM
JR,
Don't you have a P7 pullmax? Are you thinking of restoring Steam and Diesel engines? A similar style machine sat for many a year on East B Street in Belleville. Too big for scrappers to handle, must have came by rail! tt;)

Dick
07-20-2011, 09:31 AM
that is one heavy duty press of some type
look how wide it is
looks like it may have some press brake tooling in it - maybe

johnny rocket
07-22-2011, 08:16 PM
JR,
Don't you have a P7 pullmax? Are you thinking of restoring Steam and Diesel engines? A similar style machine sat for many a year on East B Street in Belleville. Too big for scrappers to handle, must have came by rail! tt;)

Yes, I do have a p-7 pullmax, but I could have several pullmax machines in my shop and I would still be on the hunt for more. I guess I'm just a tool hound or hoarder, so I'm always on the look out. It keeps me out of the bars,
drinking establishments & prison:)

No plans for steam or diesel engines.