PDA

View Full Version : Mn. spring metal meet

route56wingnut
01-28-2011, 12:24 PM
I have set the date for the spring meet for April 28-May 1 2011.If one of the moderators would have the ability to put the date with the old logo it would be greatly appreciated.Dan

DYCE
01-28-2011, 09:59 PM
I highly recomend Dan's meet!! He has a very well equipt shop, and lots of good people. I pick up alot of good ideas every time I go. Food is good too:D

anders nørgaard
01-28-2011, 10:37 PM
I have set the date for the spring meet for April 29-May 1 2011.If one of the moderators would have the ability to put the date with the old logo it would be greatly appreciated.Dan

Dan,
Not perfect, but the best I can do :p

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=141&pictureid=3391

Justin C
01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
I highly recomend Dan's meet!! He has a very well equipt shop, and lots of good people. I pick up alot of good ideas every time I go. Food is good too:D

I second that. I hope to have my truck back by then so i have something to bring to work on. If not i could always cut a radio flyer in half again:D

oldgoaly
01-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Dan,
I put it on the calendar, (top tool bar) it's on the "EVENTS" calendar, not the default, you have to toggle the default/event switch at the lower right hand part of page. It should show on the main page about a week before it happens under "upcoming events" lower left hand part of that page. tt;)

route56wingnut
01-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Dan,
I put it on the calendar, (top tool bar) it's on the "EVENTS" calendar, not the default, you have to toggle the default/event switch at the lower right hand part of page. It should show on the main page about a week before it happens under "upcoming events" lower left hand part of that page. tt;)

What good is your events feature if it only accesses info a week before hand.I know in the past several people that ,when told to go to Metalmeet.com to get the info couldnt find it.But I see that if a person would have a burning desire to find the meets he missed out on they are posted and easy to find.We that host these meets take alot of time and effort to put these on and it would be nice if you could at least make it easy to find the info about it.A week advanced notice for someone comming from several states away I personally find quite unacceptable.

DYCE
02-03-2011, 01:51 AM
What good is your events feature if it only accesses info a week before hand.I know in the past several people that ,when told to go to Metalmeet.com to get the info couldnt find it.But I see that if a person would have a burning desire to find the meets he missed out on they are posted and easy to find.We that host these meets take alot of time and effort to put these on and it would be nice if you could at least make it easy to find the info about it.A week advanced notice for someone comming from several states away I personally find quite unacceptable.

Dan the best way I see to get the word out is to keep it up to the top, so bump........

This is one of the best meets east of West Coast:rolleyes:

Good job Anders!!! Might have to have you design one for my meet sometime.....

anders nørgaard
02-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Dan the best way I see to get the word out is to keep it up to the top, so bump........

This is one of the best meets east of West Coast:rolleyes:

Good job Anders!!! Might have to have you design one for my meet sometime.....

Thanks Jeff :)

I don't understand why you guys are talking aout just being able to see an upcoming event one week ahead :confused:
Lower left corner on THIS page http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/index.php I can see events from Dan's meeting in April thru the EMMR in August... Would like to have an event show as just one line telling "from - to dates" instead of a line for each day ;)

route56wingnut
02-03-2011, 03:31 AM
Thanks Jeff :)

I don't understand why you guys are talking aout just being able to see an upcoming event one week ahead :confused:
Lower left corner on THIS page http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/index.php I can see events from Dan's meeting in April thru the EMMR in August... Would like to have an event show as just one line telling "from - to dates" instead of a line for each day ;)

Anders,If you were a new member trying to find out about regional events and you were told to log on to metalmeet.com and find an event in your area,please tell me how they are going to find that by clicking on the Event button.All it shows you are 3 prior events that have no bearing on the regional event that they are looking for.Now it would be easy to suggest that they negotiate around the site more and find it,but I would suggest most people dont have that chip installed in their brain.So why ,with the simplicity of just being able to click the event button, cant they get that info?I dont have the answer,but several folks have told me that this is a simple feature and dont understand what the big deal is to just list the upcomming regional events and move on.Dan

anders nørgaard
02-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Sorry Dan... I see your point now... I don't often go to metalmeet.com I have the metalmeet.com/forum as my default page, but I guess you're right :) that's not where most new people go to look for info.

Posting a link to the events calendar on the forum page should be a piece of cake ;)

Gene_Olson
02-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Also,
on the events page (http://www.metalmeet.com/events/) change the title from just 2010

Here are some events that are currently planned Click on the logo for more information.

To get the latest word on these and other events look here. (http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)

with the link to http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

carryallman
02-06-2011, 08:40 AM
wow its been a good winter for me ! {compared to last & getting most of the snow to go north and hit dans area }ha ha anyway dan im sure we will be there ,whats on your agenda ? classes ? seminars ? dan olsens -metal guy was fantastic ! sure did enjoy the north dakota guys w/ the eckold ,and the abrasive gals{that reminds me to call in an order to them ! lets support them mm guys !}do the anglia chassis ? anyway keep posting ! seems like your meet is a must attend event around the midwest ,i call it the northern "oblong" get- togther ? also thank you mrs. dan for letting you have this meet and inviting us !!!!!!! see ya mike "carryallman" wahl

oldgoaly
02-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Dan,
The events pages takes someone who can write scripts and it's not part of the Vbulletin database(it didn't crash when db did) That page may go away, Homepage can stay the same as it hasn't been updated in years. The events sub-forum as all the other forums are maintained by Admins/mods, and backed up in Vbulletin. This should make it easier to keep everything up to date. Anyone good at photoshop? or Gimp? tt

route56wingnut
02-06-2011, 10:18 AM
wow its been a good winter for me ! {compared to last & getting most of the snow to go north and hit dans area }ha ha anyway dan im sure we will be there ,whats on your agenda ? classes ? seminars ? dan olsens -metal guy was fantastic ! sure did enjoy the north dakota guys w/ the eckold ,and the abrasive gals{that reminds me to call in an order to them ! lets support them mm guys !}do the anglia chassis ? anyway keep posting ! seems like your meet is a must attend event around the midwest ,i call it the northern "oblong" get- togther ? also thank you mrs. dan for letting you have this meet and inviting us !!!!!!! see ya mike "carryallman" wahl

Mike ,We are setting up a list of seminars as we go along.As it stands we are going to be working on my COE for starters,there are many different aspects of metal repair ,modifying,and shapping involved.We are extending the body,which will involve making side panel extentions,roof lengthening,and floor structure and body mounting.This should keep several people busy in areas that wont involve alot of stepping on each others toes.Kerry Pinkerton and Joe Hartson are comming up from the deep south along with Jamey from Tn.Johnie Ariel is threatening to show,but will have to see as it gets nearer.Many people have shown great interest in comming and we will have to get serious about a head count so as to help my wife and I better prepair for all that has to get done.There will be a Hog roast that will be served on Sat.(we also cook 2 chickens inside)that I personaly attest that this will be one of the tastiest and moist hogs you will ever have tasted,so bring your appetites.Here are some pics of the COE and Isuzu turbo diesel doner.

CARS
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
The southern guys must think we are nuts for living up here. It's so cold that Dan takes his pictures from his heated vehicle :lol:

route56wingnut
03-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Lots of interest from all over the country and looks like another great turn out of realy enthusiastic metal benders.And for you way out of towners the snow will definetly be gone for the event.

CARS
03-04-2011, 07:47 AM
I've had PM's asking me about your event Dan! I wouldn't doubt that your meet is going to equal Oblong's #'s.

I guess us "veterans" need to step up and put on a show for the new guys!

You really think the snow will be gone by then??? :rolleyes: I don't know.... another foot of "wintery mix" for Tuesday (why don't I do cars in AZ for 6 months and up here for 6 months?) Just wait, it will be 100 degrees and 99% humidity in 4 months :cry:

Enough rambling. Here is a map that Dyce posted years ago for the people that don't know how to get to the greatest event in MN!

Gene_Olson
03-04-2011, 09:04 AM
If you are coming north on US 52, Right where the 52 shield is is county #9
Take that west through Sogn to MN 56 and turn north (right) Dan's is on the right, 2.5mi and across from 357th st. intersection.

route56wingnut
03-04-2011, 02:03 PM
If you are coming north on US 52, Right where the 52 shield is is county #9
Take that west through Sogn to MN 56 and turn north (right) Dan's is on the right, 2.5mi and across from 357th st. intersection.

Actually Gene its 1.5 mi from the intersection and yes accross from 357th St.

Gene_Olson
03-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Dan,
When I started to write the above post I was going to say, just over a mile. and you are undoubtedly right, but for those folk that use google maps, they use shorter miles.
I thought I would check their map on my phone and was surprised when it said 2.5.

I just checked the map function on the web, on that one
cause they squeeze in 2.3 on this map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=mn+56+and+co+9&daddr=MN-56+N&geocode=FWGYpQIdFT11-ilHXM7YAqn3hzFEQBvUBsyfSQ%3BFdT7pQIdbtZ0-g&hl=en&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=14&sll=44.419988,-92.994118&sspn=0.053517,0.093298&ie=UTF8&ll=44.419682,-92.994118&spn=0.027372,0.046649&t=h&z=15

and though you know the sign opposite you says 257 ( I didn't) and google seems to think it says 357
sooooooooo

don't get lost folk. <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=mn+56+and+co+9&amp;daddr=MN-56+N&amp;geocode=FWGYpQIdFT11-ilHXM7YAqn3hzFEQBvUBsyfSQ%3BFdT7pQIdbtZ0-g&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrsp=1&amp;sz=14&amp;sll=44.419988,-92.994118&amp;sspn=0.053517,0.093298&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=44 .419988,-92.994118&amp;spn=0.042912,0.072956&amp;z=13&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=mn+56+and+co+9&amp;daddr=M N-56+N&amp;geocode=FWGYpQIdFT11-ilHXM7YAqn3hzFEQBvUBsyfSQ%3BFdT7pQIdbtZ0-g&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrsp=1&amp;sz=14&amp;sll=44.419988,-92.994118&amp;sspn=0.053517,0.093298&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=44 .419988,-92.994118&amp;spn=0.042912,0.072956&amp;z=13" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Gene_Olson
03-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Dan,
When I started to write the above post I was going to say, just over a mile. and you are undoubtedly right, but for those folk that use google maps, they use shorter miles.
I thought I would check their map on my phone and was surprised when it said 2.5.

I just checked the map function on the web, on that one
cause they squeeze in 2.3 on this map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=mn+56+and+co+9&daddr=MN-56+N&geocode=FWGYpQIdFT11-ilHXM7YAqn3hzFEQBvUBsyfSQ%3BFdT7pQIdbtZ0-g&hl=en&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=14&sll=44.419988,-92.994118&sspn=0.053517,0.093298&ie=UTF8&ll=44.419682,-92.994118&spn=0.027372,0.046649&t=h&z=15

and though you know the sign opposite you says 257 ( I didn't) and google seems to think it says 357
sooooooooo

don't get lost folk.

route56wingnut
03-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Gene,I goofed the street as it is 357th and I re-edited the post.The most important thing every one needs to know is that while traveling north or south on 56 watch your speed as the sheriff loves to do impromptu performance evaluations.

60 convert
03-04-2011, 06:03 PM
and if you pass one still don't speed as there may be another one or two up the road
Jesse

DYCE
03-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Well its time to start getting a head count for the event.I have had several PMs verifying people comming and would like to get a more accurate count as this year is getting much bigger.So far in not any particular order
Kerry Pinkerton
Joe Hartson
Johnny A
Jeff Dyce
Gene OlsOn
Richard K
Jessie (60convert)
Terry Stolarski
Roger(Bugly Tools)
Neil Dunder(Gitzit Tools
Tim/lori Doty
Steven(tomjane)
Dan Parr
Mike(carryall)Wahl
Leo S
Joe S
CarsI
CarsII
Barry Larson
Randy
Ron White
Rosswo
Craig P
Tom Gerde
Ron Wilson
Don Hernke
Tom Fritz
Dave Challberg
Don Groff
Mike Norrie
Jeff Turner
Justin C
Gary Siles
Bill Kantos
Bruce Lunac
Jim Petrokowski
Myron Hanson
Dick Carlson
Herb Fick
Henry Votel
Gordy Peters
Dave Boe
Dave Eckel
Larry(green53ford)
Gary Anderson
Jon Foss
Shawn(35prog)
Chad(ifixvws)
Jamey Hunter
Todd Sutton
If you plan on attending please let me know so Dan can plan the meals out, hog roast for saturday :). Also post any projects that will take up some space.

route56wingnut
03-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Jeff,the phone is ringing off the hook from people getting excited for there metal fix.If this gets as big as I think we are going to have to opt for another local or restict it to a certain # which I would hate to see.Dan

CARS
03-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Don't worry Dan. You'll have some friends that can help you out.

(Hey Dan! Why is there smoke coming out of the turret press??) :D

Justin C
03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
I need to do something i havent been in the garage for months now. We just moved and all my shop stuff is in boxes sitting on the benches in the shop with no forseeable time to get it unpacked and working before the meet. Maybe i should just load it all up and bring it with me.

warrenoutrides
03-30-2011, 09:38 PM
I will attest to the friendly local protect and serve watching every move- last fall I received an "award certificate" that awarded them almost $100 :rolleyes:. Watch your speed.

Dan, I will try to be there fri & sat, it's just been very busy here-- 3 new grandsons within 6 days (2 on same day 1:18 min apart) :), and just found out there is 1 more on the way also. :eek:

DYCE
03-30-2011, 10:05 PM
I will attest to the friendly local protect and serve watching every move- last fall I received an "award certificate" that awarded them almost $100 :rolleyes:. Watch your speed.

Dan, I will try to be there fri & sat, it's just been very busy here-- 3 new grandsons within 6 days (2 on same day 1:18 min apart) :), and just found out there is 1 more on the way also. :eek:

I was pulled over and awarded for not wearing my seatbelt when I went up to get my steel..... So yea, they are buisy fellas

route56wingnut
03-31-2011, 02:03 AM

what the hell do you have in the water over there?Kids are fun when you can send them home.Hope you can make it.

DYCE
04-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I've been buisy on the coupster getting it on 4 wheels. I,m planning on taking this to the meet again. I'd like to finish the deck lid and maybe start on a fuel tank if there's time.
http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=4107
I want to make a tank that fits behind the crossmember in the rear.
http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=4109
It's getting close:D:D 2 weeks!!!

jlrussell4
04-11-2011, 07:15 PM
The coupe looks better all the time Jeff. Keep up the good work.

DYCE
04-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks Jim!!

Bmikkalson
04-19-2011, 12:46 AM
Does this start the 28 or the 29? Ive seen both. And I can only make the 28... so im hoping :D I live in St,Paul. I would not mind driving down and talking to some others...

route56wingnut
04-19-2011, 04:17 AM
Does this start the 28 or the 29? Ive seen both. And I can only make the 28... so im hoping :D I live in St,Paul. I would not mind driving down and talking to some others...

It starts on the 28th looking forward to seeing you.Dan

route56wingnut
04-20-2011, 05:41 AM
Hope everyone is ready for all the upcomming excitement.Ive been busy finishing my updates and legs for my Ewheel.Those that havnt chimed in please do so as it realy helps in the preperation process.

DYCE
04-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Dan it looks like it could just walk away on those legs. Looks good!! I finished the engine mounts on the coupster and hope to get the steering figgured out before the meet. I'd like to get a firewall figgured out.

Are you going to have the 19 gage for sale? If so and if it's not to late put my name on 1 sheet so I don't have to haul one.

RockHillWill
04-22-2011, 05:00 AM
WOW! That is an impressive piece of equipment! Nice work, I love the decal.

rdubbels
04-23-2011, 07:30 AM
I went over to dans yesterday.we got his coe home(muddy mess)well dans yard and a couple of vehicles anyways.we worked on dans shop and e-wheel(wait till you guys see the latest addition to it) . and as usual i learned several new things,thanks dan and richard k. see ya next week. oh and dan is VERY excited about mm and to see everybody.

CARS
04-23-2011, 07:54 AM
(wait till you guys see the latest addition to it)

A cup holder??? :lol:

route56wingnut
04-23-2011, 04:31 PM
A cup holder??? :lol:

Adjustable stirrups for Jessie?

oldgoaly
04-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Dan,
What are you getting for gas up there?
http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8335&stc=1&d=1303303270%5C

Is that a Wayne visible pump on the left, and Tokheim to the right of the E-wheel? tt;)

DYCE
04-23-2011, 07:02 PM
I finished the steering today:D...
http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=4273

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=4272

I'm ready Dan:D

jlrussell4
04-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Hey Jeff,

That ain't no HEMI in there :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::)

DYCE
04-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Jim the hemi belongs to my father-in-law now. It's sitting in his model a now. It's more his dream then mine, and I got some supper cool parts in the trade...

carryallman
04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
after reading about the cops on dan drive ,i think i will call in a report of a donut truck in the ditch up by the interstate ? that way there will be no cops close ? anyway dan my wife said WE ARE COMING up ! seems like i got laid off last tue after 19 years ? been expecting something ? any way we will be up fri evening ,she has to work some that morning , find me a project doing something ,dont know if i will bring anything ? just good to get together and see some old friends and good peopleand get my mind off of stupid things . see ya mike "carryallman" wahl

carryallman
04-24-2011, 06:55 AM
i have a libert shear -"table extension" thats what i call it ,actually it has a pin in it for nibbling out circles ? if any body is needing one or a visible" wayne" pump ? pretty rough but all there right out of barn ! usually sell these on craigs list or e-bay ,getting hard to find in my area and not cheap ! dan you going to have any used machinery out front for sale ? see ya mike "carryallman" wahl

CARS
04-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Mike, I am sure that you can sell anything metal shaping related :rolleyes:

This is the first time I am NOT bringing a couple dozen cream separator bases along :eek: . I know, I know... How could I not bring more after all the hoopla that they have created over the years?? Truth is, the junk yard is still under water and I haven't been able to get anymore :p . Hell, we had snow flurries last week!!!

Just checked the forecast for this area (not Dan's but I am only 2 hours away) and it is looking much, much better for Thursday and Friday. Still a chance of rain on Saturday though. Good thing Dan has prepared two additional buildings for us to play in!!

See everyone there (I'm going be be up early because I have to leave Saturday afternoon :mad: )

Gene_Olson
04-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Yo Dan,

Your signs are comin off the press.

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8369&stc=1&d=1303842226

jlrussell4
04-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Gene,

Shouldn't that be get your FIX. :p:p:lol:

CARS
04-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Well guys and gals traveling a "distance"... I hope you brought a few sweat shirts cause this is "working weather"!!! Highs in the upper 50's, lower 60's. Perfect for working!! Problem is that I am camping in the back of my truck.... I will be there tomorrow night and you southerner's might actually see snow flakes at the end of April (unless you dated a girl named April in high school and she had dandruff, but that is a whole different issue). Man (or woman) up! This is going to be one hell of a event!!!!

carryallman
04-27-2011, 02:41 PM
hey dan and gang ! i cant hardly wait to get there !!!!!!!!! anybody show up yet ??? somebody start posting PLEASE / I NEED TO GET MY METAL MEET FIX !! anyway sure wish i could sneak out sooner, but WILL PULL OUT FRI 2-4 PM ? bringing some hemi manifolds and a "libert" attachment and maybe something for tool swap ! see ya guys

Gene_Olson
04-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Gene,

Shouldn't that be get your FIX. :p:p:lol:
http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8376&stc=1&d=1303962932

made a couple posters.

See ya tomorrow.

anders nørgaard
04-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Have a nice meeting guys :)... and make sure to post some pics ;)

Gene_Olson
04-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Just so you don't miss the driveway this year.

carryallman
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM
hi guys nice sign! im going to drive the "x" iowa highway patrol car ,somehow i might be able to post a sign somewhere about highway 56 being off limits as i will be patroling it myself ? remember if you see a big burly looking guy that looks like a bear in a crown vic -remember i wont pull you over if your on the way to "dans " see ya later today " mike

CARS
05-02-2011, 09:41 PM
for some reason I can't get pics off my computer and on to vbulletin forums http://www.********shaping.com/images/smilies/mad.gif. Working on a solution.....

Although not a perfect or preferred way to do this, may I present Photobucket Pics!!! (ya, I can upload pics to them too http://www.********shaping.com/images/smilies/confused.gif )

Starting from Wednesday evening:

The group project

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6287.jpg

Some last minute cleaning

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6288.jpg

chatting

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6289.jpg

CARStoo going crazy for copper

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6292.jpg

Myron and the kick ass shrinker

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6293.jpg

Fenders off the COE

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6294.jpg

Joe hard at it

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6295.jpg

Monique.... I didn't get a pic of Kerry because he was very, very wrapped up in what was happening at home. Be forewarned Kerry, next time I see you I have a million questions for you!

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6296.jpg

More work on the COE

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6298.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6299.jpg

(check out how we do things http://www.********shaping.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif )

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6300.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6301.jpg

My project, a baseball

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6302.jpg

Pat(man) working away

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6303.jpg

Gene Olsen with the ladle

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6304.jpg

Dyce working on the coupster

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6305.jpg

More copper from Becky

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6306.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6307.jpg

Mr.C's big ass tuck-puck
(I used it a little, but was too big for what I was working on so I stuck with my "normal" tuck-pucks)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6308.jpg

Working on the COE

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6310.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6316.jpg

(note the fresh weld..... Care to elaborate Dan???)

Trying to make a ball out of 2 pieces of aluminum (harder than it looks)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6311.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6312.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6315.jpg

(that is all I will show of my ball. I really need to brush up on my aluminum welding before I try this again)

Becky and Steph's first tulip or lilly (I am not a botanist)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6314.jpg

Johnny working on the gangster fender

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6317.jpg

(there ya go, you can show the misses that one)

Jesse working on the COE

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6318.jpg

Some BSing

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6319.jpg

Myron the blacksmith and metal artist

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6320.jpg

Becky, Lee, and Steph step out to the beautiful 50 degree day

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6321.jpg

Not sure what these guys are up to, but I know it had to do with TIGing a patch and metal finishing

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6323.jpg

Johnny and Shawn

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6324.jpg

Richard (shopdog) lending a hand

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6325.jpg

Dan, Jeff, and Terry

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6326.jpg

Jesse still working in the mouse infested COE

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6327.jpg

Leo showing off the Eckold's abilities (and his own talents)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6329.jpg

Dan showing how to use the shrinking disc

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6330.jpg

Dan and Johnny working on the fender with the Eckold

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6331.jpg

Becky with more copper flowers (she couldn't keep up with demand)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6332.jpg

Otto (auto?) takes a nap on Jesse's chair

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6333.jpg

(guess what we were doing by this time???)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6334.jpg

Jeff's coupster

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6335.jpg

Johnny's fender

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6336.jpg

Random shots

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6338.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6339.jpg

The Sparky Abrasive display

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6340.jpg

More of the COE

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6341.jpg

Random shots

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6342.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6343.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6345.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6346.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6347.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6348.jpg

Justin's peddle car

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6344.jpg

Now we know what's going on...

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6350.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6352.jpg

Make it perfect (johnny be good)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6351.jpg

Jeff, planishing hammer belong outside (shhh)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6353.jpg

Mike and Richard

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6354.jpg

Look what Mike did (just kidding. Me and a few others may have had "issues" too)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6355.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6356.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6357.jpg

Stealing some spares from the other COE

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6358.jpg

Let's grab some of that great grub (thanks to the cook, Dan and Luann for keeping our bellies full)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6359.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6360.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6361.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/crathman/100_6362.jpg

Becky and I had to leave mid afternoon Saturday, but we still got 3 days of Dan and Luann's hospitality in. Thanks guys for the electric hook up and the daily shower.
I also want to say how great it was to meet so many old friends again and meet new people. See you all in the fall!!!!

DYCE
05-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Good stuff Chris!! It was raining, or was it dark when I had the planishing hammer fired up:oops:...

godspeed
05-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Looks like you guys had a awsome time....

Can I just say that I want a COE too:(