PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Metalshapers International Meets

Pete's Metalshaping
01-16-2011, 03:33 PM
There has been some discussion regarding meets on the west coast, if you are interested in participating in these discussions, check out:

http://westcoastmetalshapers.com/forum

There has been some discussion in the forum and this social group was started for these discussions:

http://westcoastmetalshapers.com/forum/group.php?groupid=12

West Coast Metalshapers international meet

Group Maintained by Tony Sanchez (http://westcoastmetalshapers.com/forum/member.php?u=19)
This group is being formed to discuss the possibility of a International West Coast Metalshapers meet.

1. Is a large west coast meet feasible?
2. Will a west coast meet be supported by the metalshaping community.
3. Would anyone be interested in being on the preliminary steering committee.
4. Finding a suitable location for the venue.
5. Best time of year for the meet.

All comments, ideas, and discussion would be greatly appreciated in the following social group:

http://westcoastmetalshapers.com/forum/group.php?groupid=12

CARS
01-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Larry,

The first link doesn't work and the second one needs a log in name.

Depending on the dates you guys are having the meet, I might be interested in venturing west. If you would, could you keep all of us informed on when your meet will happen?? I've been looking for a reason to take an Amtrak trip to the left coast!!

Pete's Metalshaping
01-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Chris,

Thanks for the headsup on the link, it is now fixed.

Whatever we decide, we'll announce on MetalMeet. What we have been trying to do is get some more activity on the west coast. Hopefully some of our efforts will help get some of the west coast guys engaged in the planning.

Carbuilder
01-17-2011, 01:55 PM
I would be interested in going depending on finances at the time.

fred26t
01-17-2011, 03:09 PM
any dates or locations yet? Fred26T

Tony Sanchez
01-17-2011, 04:13 PM
---No date yet, I should get more information this week.

Baggedchevys
04-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Would love to get back into the swing of things and make it to something like this.

Tony Sanchez
04-06-2011, 01:28 PM
---Chris, we just had a meet at Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo. The venue was fantastic, it was at the automotive facility.
I spoke to the automotive director's of the Cuesta College facility and of the Cal Poly facility and they were both interested in holding a five day meet out here on the west coast. I am going to persue this avenue and see if it is possible to have large meet here on the west coast. I also have some feelers out on a facility in the northern San Diego county area.
---Tony

red baron
04-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I like the sound of this Tony! If I can be of assistance just let me know, or we can talk about it next week when I stop by. I will be goin to the local metal supply (to me) on Friday, let me know if you want me to get you anything, or price anything for you!

Tony Sanchez
04-06-2011, 07:52 PM
---The local metal supplier near me went out of business. I will need to get an address from you. I know that there is a place in Escondido but I will have to find out where it is located.

red baron
04-06-2011, 11:21 PM
I cant remember the name of the place in escondido, but I have been there, its on Mission avenue, real close to the harbor freight, south of the Nordahl exit. there is a place near me, called Lee's on Oceanside boulevard. I am not sure if its in Oceanside or Vista, cause its real close to the border.

edit..... Lee's Metal and Iron
1315 Lee Dr, Vista, CA 92083

Escondido Metal Supply
1630 Mission Road Escondido, CA 92029

Tony Sanchez
04-08-2011, 12:12 PM
---Thanks Mike, I will have to list those two places in my address book. Next Thursday 4/14/11 the shop will be closed.
---Tony

red baron
04-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I just left Lee's and they only have steel, no aluminum or copper and a 4x8 sheet of 18 gauge CRS is $53 plus tax