PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Area meets?

enigma
12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Just joined the site, kinda lurking around, reading all the awesome info, foraging for idears and whatnot, and i noticed that most of the meets seem to be on the left coast.
Is there many people from the tri-state(penn,del, jerz)that meets up to beat the metal and shoot the breeze, or is this area fairly scarce for that kinda stuff?
Seems like the closest workshops i can take at up in the new england area, not that i'm against the drive, but gas would double the price of the trip for me.

oldgoaly
12-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Is central Pa close enough?
Dates for 2011 Jalopy Showdown May 21 and the Emmr Convention August 19-21 located at the Latimore County Fairgrounds next to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing.

greenbaja
12-15-2010, 02:35 AM
im 20 min south of center city ...im sure we can come up with sumtin local ...we just need a roll call and head count ...we can use my place ...my garage is 50X60 ...so i go tthe room to hold at least a good sized one day meet for people close ...but i got no heat so its gonna have to wait a few months ...LOL

flyboy
03-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Hello, just wondering if you guys ever got together? Just joined mmeet and would like to be a part of something local. J

oldgoaly
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
J,
1st time was 2006 (I think) lost most of the pics in the site crash. there are some on the old MSA. www.allshops.com The Jalopy Showdown is great event, we are just a small part of what goes on, if you come you will know why we come back! tt

dirtydixon
03-29-2011, 01:16 PM
from philly here.

Just joined the metalmeet. Don't have much to contribute, I joined here to learn. I have to learn some metal shaping so I can create some patch panels for my 54 chevy 3100 & my dads 38 chevy.

I am planning to make it to the jalopy showdown. word is that there is some metal shaping going down, I really want to learn some tips and watch someone with experience work out some shapes. It should be pretty cool with all the rods and customs too; some of them racing around the dirt track don't hurt either.

-adam

jlrussell4
03-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Welcome Adam,

You are at the right place for help. Going to the Jalopy Showdown will be a big boost to get you started. Some very talented shapers show up there and are eager to help new guys get started.

And we (MM) are always here too.

flyboy
05-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi there looking forward to going to Jalopy showdown. Never been before and was wondering what to expect as far as the metal meet portion? What time does it get started? There is no mention of Metal meet on jalopy website. Is Metal meet rain or shine? Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks, Flyboy.

oldgoaly
05-09-2011, 08:19 PM
flyboy,
We will be inside the track under a pavilloin, parking will be where they tell you, we are limited on parking, cause we are in the flea market/car show area. Time wise? I'm coming from the west, loose an hour, not a morning person. But most of these guy like coffee will likely be there 8am. tt;)
yep we are still on for going gas is not going up more, Joel is out of school that Wednesday. We need air?

john soko
05-10-2011, 04:38 AM
TT, I have a little John Deere A75 air compressor that I'll drag along. I can
borrow another. Is there a need or advantage to having two?

soko

oldgoaly
05-10-2011, 09:50 AM
We are power hungry... or lack power. The pnuematic plannishing hammers use lots of air. My gas one will run a couple of them, just don't like gas fumes carrying it in the van. How much will yours pump? Maybe Kirk has made a energy saving phammer.

john soko
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
TT, The manufacturer's plate on the tank rates it at: 3.2 CFM @ 40 PSI or
2.6 @ 90 PSI. However, it is elderly. Seems okay, but probably not as
peppy as it used to was.

oldgoaly
05-11-2011, 03:01 PM
John, it should work for awhile give it time to catch up. I just sent Stan and email, what if we were to punch louvers and donate the money to the museum. How cool would it be for a hot rodder's to have louvers done by Hiram Hilegass's helper.......60 years later! seems like a no brainner! tt;)