PDA

View Full Version : abrasive vendor at the fall meet

route56wingnut
10-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I recently ran into A company that many on here will be able to use there product.Sparkys Abrasives will be at the Route56 fall event set up with product for sale as well as letting us use some samples so that we can do product testing.They specialize in flap discs and belts,and that is how I got ahold of them.I had purchased some belts at an auction thinking I would build a machine to accomidate the belts.Well I was at Kerrys meet and he figured that I needed to go back north with a little more weight,so I came home with a belt sander similar to what I was going to build.Back to the auction belts,they were too long so a friend gave me the lead to Sparkeys Abrassives in Wilmer Mn.They couldnt have been more helpfull,and more than willing to splice the belts for 50 cents an inch of width.I also purchased some 10x701/2 for my other one that at every metal meet I have had ,someone who seems to think it should only be a 5" belt.Any way if someone could put the link to there site I would apreciate it.Dan

oldgoaly
10-05-2010, 06:15 PM
http://www.sparkyabrasives.com/ this them Dan?

CARS
10-05-2010, 08:40 PM
.... for my other one that at every metal meet I have had ,someone who seems to think it should only be a 5" belt.

:lol:

The problem is that your belt is too wide. These kids nowdays wear those narrow belts and are just confused :-? . Or maybe a few of us should have hourly seminars on tool/equipment usage??? :rolleyes:

In all honesty, if my belt was 10" wide I would use all of it :rolleyes:

(seriously, thanks for getting some vendors. are you covering the 3M logo's all over the shop?? I could remove all the cabinets from your shop for you if it is an issue :rolleyes:)