PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Milling Machine

Deuce-Merchant
07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
I have been looking for a milling machine for a while now.
I just looked at a Sharp Model 730V, it was made in 1986.
I came home to do a little research, but cant find any info or pricing on these.
Does anyone have one or know of one?
The fellow wants 4000$ for it, and it looks like new condition, but I think it is a little high priced.
It comes with a few vises and an Indexing vise, but it looks like a cheaper off shore model.
Just wanted your guys opinion before I decide what to do????

Kelly

60 convert
07-28-2010, 11:37 AM
we just sold one at the shop I work for. it had acu power 2 axis cnc and it was a 96 they sold it for 10.500 with collets and a vise yes it is a lot more exspesive but the capabilities were a lot more as it is a conversational machine.
just to give you ideas
Jesse

kenc
07-28-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a sharp HMV. The machines are made in Taiwan and generally considered about the best of the offshore machines. They are certainly more expensive to buy new than Enco, Grizzly etc but what it's worth is dependant on condition and what machines sell for in your area of course.

Jim Stabe
07-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Go on Ebay and check prices for milling machines. Be sure to note the differences in price for different areas of the country. When I was looking there were lots of great deals in the northeast bet the shipping to the west coast would kill you. Also is difficult to check the condition of the machine. To me the only things worth paying a premium for are the condition and the tooling that comes with it - both are big expenses after it's yours.

Rick (madera)
07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
for a 1986 model I think it is way to much!
I bought a 1990 lagun 3 HP with variable speed with power feed for $1000
about 5 months ago I would keep looking

burl
09-16-2010, 01:30 PM
We have some of these machines in our shop.They are cheaper because they are made offshore and cheaper quality.I have noticed on the the machines with the variable speed they dont have alot of torque.I would wait and find a bridgeport.I have a series one machine at home with a 110 volt motor on it and it has more torque than the ones we have in our shop.I see used bridgeports go at auction around here for $2000.00 or so.