PDA

View Full Version : Viking Meet 2010

anders nørgaard
03-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Hi All,

Just to stop Hijacking Ben's Big Bamm Bamm thread any more, here we go::p

Planning on hosting Viking Meet 2010 in late week 25 thru early week 26... June 25. - June 30. or so plus / minus :grin:

Thank you Kenb for making our new logo :) http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=611

So far the entry list looks like this:

Frank Luten NL
Ray Rodman NM
Karl-Fredrik Skjæggestad N
Einar Sjaavik N
Bengt-Olof S
Ben Pedalcar van Berlo NL
Emile The Spy Barts NL
? Nico Bourgeois? BE
Brian Baart NL
Thomas (Porsche 356) Jensen DK
Jesper (Volvo Amazon/P1800) Villekjær DK
Torsten Vig (tractiondk) DK
Jaakko Altonen DE
Harrison Lodes (Harry) N (NY)
JonD UK
Neil Evans (Hairy Neil) UK

frank luten
03-14-2010, 08:09 AM
First in!!!!!:-D
Frank

Hotrod1932
03-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travel plans yet to be determined :p

kfs
03-14-2010, 08:22 AM
summer holidays are not fuly planed but it look like it wil be Danmark for me :D

anders nørgaard
03-14-2010, 08:26 AM
WOW Friends :o :) :)

This is going FAST :) :D

Guess I'll have to start prepairing
Glad we have so many rooms in the dorm area and that the shop area is as big as it is :D

ESjaavik
03-14-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm in!

Looking forward to see you all.

Bengt-Olof
03-15-2010, 09:51 AM
I`m in!!!:)

frank luten
03-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travel plans yet to be determined :p

Now we just need to remind Bob to GO GET HIS PASSPORT so he can come along with you:p:twisted:;):-D

Frank

jag2be
03-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Is there still some place left?
Will it be around the end of june or beginning of july?

Nico

PolderBoy
03-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Hello All,

I will be there. I will bring along my ewheel.
And, I have already discussed it with Frank, I would like to bring my new toy. A trumph with the most perfect set of dies a man could wish for. (thanks Frank)

Only slight problem would be transport.
But I am working on it.

Brian Baart

ESjaavik
03-16-2010, 10:10 AM
You better not fly Ryanair then. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anders also have a Trumpf. Maybe you should tell the stem sizes on yours to see if they fit his machine.

frank luten
03-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Hello All,

I will be there. I will bring along my ewheel.
And, I have already discussed it with Frank, I would like to bring my new toy. A trumph with the most perfect set of dies a man could wish for. (thanks Frank)

Only slight problem would be transport.
But I am working on it.

Brian Baart
Ga je een vrachtwagentje regelen Brian?:-D

Frank

anders nørgaard
03-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Is there still some place left?
Will it be around the end of june or beginning of july?

Nico

LOTS of room left, Nico :) :) :)
It'll be the end of June ;)

Brian,

Nice to have you here too!!

What kind of Trumpf are you talking about?
My TAS63A has 30 mm (5/4") square shanks

Of course you'll bring your ewheel... it has attended every Viking Meet so far :D ;)

Pedalcar
03-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Anders

Edited the list a bit....:D:D:D

Ben

Hi All,

Just to stop Hijacking Ben's Big Bamm Bamm thread any more, here we go::p

Planning on hosting Viking Meet 2010 in late week 25 thru early week 26... June 25. - June 30. or so plus / minus :grin:

Thank you Kenb for making our new logo :) http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=611

So far the entry list looks like this:

Frank Luten NL
Ray Rodman NM
Einar Sjaavik N
Bengt-Olof S
Ben van Berlo NL
Emile The Spy Barts
? Nico Bourgeois? BE
Brian Baart NL

anders nørgaard
03-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Hi Anders

Edited the list a bit....:D:D:D

Ben

WOOHOO!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Really happy seeing this my friends!

Got the dates confirmed at the Technical College (Mercantec) today

VIKING MEET 2010 June 25th thru June 30th :)

tractiondk
03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Hello Anders.

I will be there for the weekend, maybe more.
Looking forward to see you guys:-D

Torsten

anders nørgaard
03-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Hello Anders.

I will be there for the weekend, maybe more.
Looking forward to see you guys:-D

Torsten

Well Torsten... 2-3 days is better than none :D
Looking forward to seeing you too :) http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Hotrod1932
05-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Well Anders I'm still workin with the hospital to try and get the time off to get there. If they give it to me I'm going to need some help and/or advice about getting there.

Also please if you will can you post up the Viking 2010 logo again so I can see about BuglytoolS Intergalactic providing some of them EXTREAMLY RARE Viking caps again. ;)

anders nørgaard
05-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Well Anders I'm still workin with the hospital to try and get the time off to get there. If they give it to me I'm going to need some help and/or advice about getting there.

Also please if you will can you post up the Viking 2010 logo again so I can see about BuglytoolS Intergalactic providing some of them EXTREAMLY RARE Viking caps again. ;)

Hi Ray,

REALLY hope you're going to make it!! Man, You're FAMILY!! :)

Just ask away and I'll provide all the help I can :) :cool:

The Viking Meet 2010 logo is in post #1 of this thread... and in Kenb's gallery of regional meets as well ;)

PS. My email doesn't work right now and hasn't since May 14. Trying to get some support from the email host. Till further notice, we'll have to communicate via this thread or pm!

PPS! Started on setting up the wheels and frame rails for the Viking Meet 2010 Classic European Sports Car Scale Model today :) :D

frank luten
05-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Anders, tell us more!
Ray, the road to viborg? Fly into Amsteram, drive up to Viborg with Martine, return the same way.:-D
Frank

anders nørgaard
05-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Frank,

My plan is to have a project for us at this year's meet. I always liked the European sports cars of the 50ies and 60ies... Like the Austin Healey, MGA, Aston Martin, Bristol AC Ace and the likes :)

Got a set of wheels off a Renault 5 from my nephew a few days ago. They have 135 x 13" tyres on them. Set them up with a wheelbase of 150 cm and a track of 93,5 cm. That's about the size that fits my boys and doesn't make the proportions look to much off. I'll try to have the tub and most of the inner structure made before the meeting. Then we'll make some patterns and build the skin for it :)

People are of course still welcome to bring their own projects!!!!

Pretty busy these days. Have to make the above, finish my new ewheel AND make a new rear wheel well for a Volvo Amazone :o :D ;) ... oh! almost forgot the "Different Shrinker" project

frank luten
05-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a cool project!pictures please:-D
Rear wheelwell for a amazone? inner or outer? 3/4outers are available, they fit ok.

frank

anders nørgaard
05-24-2010, 12:20 PM
No pics yet :p

Both inside and outside on the wheel well :o :D

frank luten
05-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Then it must be a really rotted out old volvo!
trunk floor rotted out as well?

Frank

anders nørgaard
05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Don't know how rotted it is. Haven't seen it. I was at Jesper's shop, fitting the rear panel on the P1800... guy came in and asked me if i could make a complete new left rear wheel well.

Bengt-Olof
05-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Is anyone going through Gothenburg who have room left in the car or that I can hitchhike with from Fredrikshamn?

Hotrod1932
05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Well Anders my friend, its either me or the first time you have ever been wrong ;) Trying to find the Viking 2010 logo which ain't on the first post in this thread ( or at least that I can see ) :p

anders nørgaard
05-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Well Anders my friend, its either me or the first time you have ever been wrong ;) Trying to find the Viking 2010 logo which ain't on the first post in this thread ( or at least that I can see ) :p

I've been wrong several times!!! :D

I see the logo in post #1

Take a look in Ken's Regional Meets 2010 Album
http://metalmeet.com/forum/album.php?albumid=6
2nd from upper left :cool: ;)

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=611

Do you see it here?

kfs
05-28-2010, 12:10 AM
any program ? when are you starting on 25/6 ? and when are closing the door on 30/6

need to order boat tickets for Harry and me ( Larvik - Hitshals )

Bengt Olof we can pick you up in Fredrikshavn if boat timing are good

Anders : Any tools you want me to bring ??

JonD
05-28-2010, 03:43 AM
Anders, What is the nearest airport ? Is public transport to Viborg OK or would I need a car.

This is just me dreaming , but you never know :rolleyes:

anders nørgaard
05-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Karl,

I am not starting.... WE are able to start at 1pm :D... got to have the students... and assumably a few cars out first ;)

We stop at June 30... when noone wants to be there any longer.. your choice.

Very glad to hear Harry will be there too! :) Let me know about room reservations ;)

Anders, What is the nearest airport ? Is public transport to Viborg OK or would I need a car.

Jon Would be GREAT to have you here!!:) :) :) :) :) Get your butt to Karup (KRP) cheep airport taxi to Viborg 3-4quit... if that isn't possible, you fly into Billund. No car needed!!!!

anders nørgaard
05-29-2010, 02:23 AM
Karl Fredrik, All,

Sorry, forgot to answer about the tool question. As usual, bring your own safety gear, your favorite hand tools... and whatever machinery, you are prepared to haul :D ;)

Hairy-Neil
06-01-2010, 11:55 AM

Jon Would be GREAT to have you here!!:) :) :) :) :) Get your butt to Karup (KRP) cheep airport taxi to Viborg 3-4quit... if that isn't possible, you fly into Billund. No car needed!!!!

Jon, Anders, Ryanair now fly into Billund from London/Stanstead..... ;)

Tickets for the early morning outward flight on the 24th are currently £8.00... :eek:

We could possibly share transport to Stanstead..... :twisted:

Return fare on the 30th is an extortionate £25.99...

Very glad to hear Harry will be there too! :)

Will you be coming with/in the Porsche... ;)

Jaakko
06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Neil, that's good news! They seem to tailor their flight plans around metal shaping events :rolleyes: So I'll have to care for entertainment myself this time...

...Bengt-Olof: I will drive north to Finland after the meet, and will take the route along Fredrikshavn and Gothenburg. So you are welcome to join me on your way back.

Jaakko

JonD
06-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Jon, Anders, Ryanair now fly into Billund from London/Stanstead..... ;)

Tickets for the early morning outward flight on the 24th are currently £8.00... :eek:

We could possibly share transport to Stanstead..... :twisted:

Return fare on the 30th is an extortionate £25.99...

Thanks Neil, I still need to find the right time to get the OK from my local passport controller :o. I'm not sure i can wangle enought time for the full event so may only be looking at Friday thru Monday or poss Tuesday.

What are accommodation costs ?

Cheers

Jon

anders nørgaard
06-03-2010, 05:25 AM
...What are accommodation costs ?

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,
210 Dkr per night, breakfast included that's around £21 :cool:

JonD
06-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi Jon,
210 Dkr per night, breakfast included that's around £21 :cool:

Thanks Anders,

I've just got the OK to come to the meet. Looks like Friday thru late Monday.

Neil, I've sent you an email

Hopefully see you all soon

Pedalcar
06-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi Jon,

great to hear that you are coming also, long time no see....

Ben

anders nørgaard
06-05-2010, 12:17 PM
WOW Jon!
That is great :)

Should I book a room for you?

Pedalcar
06-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi Anders,

how long is the list of people that are coming....

Would it help if those who can bring some food for breakfast ? just thinking out loud....

How is your buck that you wanted to build?

Ben

frank luten
06-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Also, will you(we) be needing fsp tape?
If so I will see if I can get my hands on a couple of boxes.

Jon , will be great to see you again!
Frank

Hairy-Neil
06-05-2010, 04:02 PM
That last weekend of june there's a Foden gathering I'd like to go to, a historic narrow boat rally I always try to get to, my local vintage show and the same weekend, of course the Viking Metalmeet. I've been to the last couple of events and would love to go again.

And this year a good friend has decided to get married that saturday and is having a steam road locomotive at the stag night on the friday and reception on saturday..... so it's dilemma time in the Evans household.....:rolleyes:

frank luten
06-05-2010, 11:23 PM
So, easy choice Neil!
See you in Denmark in a couple of weeks:p
Frank
Oh,I've heard Ryan air has started a VM2010 airlift into Billund for next to nothing!

That last weekend of june there's a Foden gathering I'd like to go to, a historic narrow boat rally I always try to get to, my local vintage show and the same weekend, of course the Viking Metalmeet. I've been to the last couple of events and would love to go again.

And this year a good friend has decided to get married that saturday and is having a steam road locomotive at the stag night on the friday and reception on saturday..... so it's dilemma time in the Evans household.....:rolleyes:

Hairy-Neil
06-06-2010, 03:58 AM
So, easy choice Neil!

And Dr Busker is booked for the entertainment at the wedding reception...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8WuV2AQK1Q&feature=related

NB. This, being an instrumental, is about the only 'safe' clip out there..... Avoid any of the other links if you are at all shockable. :o :o :o :rolleyes:

I might be able to fly out Sunday - Wednesday. ;)

oldgoaly
06-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Wow Hairy!
I'm sure the Vikings can carry a tune.....Bring out the barrels......(i know it's a polka, but sing it loud enough Lobitz will show up!!!!) mm03 Les Edmunson's Dad and a couple of others played music, wish I could remember who the other's were. tt

JonD
06-07-2010, 01:29 AM
WOW Jon!
That is great :)

Should I book a room for you?

Hi Anders, yes please book me a room Fri/Sat/Sun.

I've booked my flight into Billund so I'll be in Denmark Friday morning thru Monday evening.

I've just found out my passport has expired :eek:. I guess a speedy trip to the passport office will be required.

Looking forward to seeing friends old and new soon.

anders nørgaard
06-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for replying to the questions so late, but I've been REALLY busy with the Honey Do List, father in law 70 year birthday, work and... :rolleyes:

Ben, So far the entry list looks like this:

Frank Luten NL
Martine NL
Ray Rodman NM
Einar Sjaavik N
Bengt-Olof S
Ben Pedalcar van Berlo NL
Emile The Spy Barts NL
? Nico Bourgeois? BE If he can get time off work
Brian Baart NL
Thomas (Porsche 356) Jensen DK
Jesper (Volvo Amazon/P1800) Villekjær DK
Torsten Vig (tractiondk) DK
Jaakko Aaltonen DE
Harrison Lodes (Harry) N (NY)
JonD UK
Neil Evans (Hairy Neil) UK HOPEFULLY

Bringing food for breakfast shouldn't be necessary... unless somebody wants something special...this 3rd Viking Meet, there will be staff present at the college and breakfast will be available. ;)

Einar, will Kjell (Hightower) be coming with you?

Frank, FSP tape is ALWAYS needed ;) so please :)

Neil, REALLY hope you can make it!... wouldn't be the same without you!!

Jon, VERY glad you are coming! Always nice to put a face on people you "talk to" :) I'll book a room for you

Guten i Norge
06-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi there

I did make a foul out of my self, by ordering a plane ticket to my brothers wedding just before you came out with the news about the Viking-meet.:confused:

But I will thinking about you people most of the time... of course..what else.:rolleyes:

But just to say it I will try to join a course in "Timber Frame Restoration" this summer, so I can do that and hopefully be with you guys (girl!) next time...

Greetings and good luck to you all...
Ørvar Sigfusson

frank luten
06-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Anders, ordered 50 rolls today, that will get us going.
About the Amazon wheelwell, we are scrapping a amazone.If you like I may be able to get you a reasonable wheelwell to use as a template.
Let me know.

Frank

Hairy-Neil
06-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Bringing food for breakfast shouldn't be necessary... unless somebody wants something special..]

Jaakko was rather fond of the Norwegian caviar..... ;)

kfs
06-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Jaakko was rather fond of the Norwegian caviar..... ;)

I can bring a large tube of caviar for Jaakko :D

Harry are not coming :( so Anders can you cansle his room bokking ?

Hotrod1932
06-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Well my Viking friends I was told last night that the time off I had asked for was not going to happen. The University lost 3 pharmacists at the start of the month so for right now there is just no coverage so I'm stuck.

Ander's the baseball caps are at the embroidery shop now and are supposed to be ready for shipping next week. Please PM me with shipping address for you and as soon as they are ready I will Fedex them over to you.

I've been looking forward to my 2nd Viking for 2 yrs now dang :(

frank luten
06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi Ray, sorry to hear that, was looking forward to seeing you before october!
Take care
Frank/martine

kfs
06-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Sorry for you Ray !! was realey looking forwart to meet you again !!

take care

Bengt-Olof
06-11-2010, 01:35 PM
We're sorry to hear that ray:(

anders nørgaard
06-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Ray,

SO sorry you can't make it!! :(

I sent you a PM ;)

Pedalcar
06-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Sorry to hear this Ray...

As far as not seeing the Big Bamm Bamm it is not finished yet...mite help a bit...

Ben

PolderBoy
06-13-2010, 04:25 AM
Dear All,

Due to romance needs of my codriver I am alone in my van to the Metal Meet. If someone wants a lift to the meet, feel free to speak up.

I am planning to leave on thursday morning around 08:00 in Emmadorp. (Zeeland, Nederland)
You wont fall asleep during the drive as I can't keep quiet (ask Frank)

If we can split the fuel cost, I am happy.
You can bring your own projects with you as I have a van. And I won't bring my Trumphf to the metal meet.

(oh, and I drive)

Brian

jag2be
06-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Anders,

Won't be able to make it:(
Can't get time off at work...:mad:
Would have loved to be there.

frank luten
06-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Dear All,

Due to romance needs of my codriver I am alone in my van to the Metal Meet. If someone wants a lift to the meet, feel free to speak up.

I am planning to leave on thursday morning around 08:00 in Emmadorp. (Zeeland, Nederland)
You wont fall asleep during the drive as I can't keep quiet (ask Frank)

If we can split the fuel cost, I am happy.
You can bring your own projects with you as I have a van. And I won't bring my Trumphf to the metal meet.

(oh, and I drive)

Brian
Brian is a great guy to travel with, and can keep quit(from time to time):p
See you there Brian
Frank

josvin
06-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Hi Anders and viking metal meeters, I'm sorry to say that I can't make it to Viking metalmeet 2010,
I realy enjoyed 2008 but I have to work on our new house.... hope to move in august...

regards jos

Hotrod1932
06-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Well gang final approval was given on the 2010 logo yesterday ( thanks again Ken ). Anders and my other Viking friends if ya think the 2008 caps were cool wait till you see these!!!!!:D

All part of BuglytoolS Intergalactic Division's on going efforts to expand the unknown universe. :lol:

PS:

Anders it would not be sporting to offer to sell Einar his parts that are coming over with the caps:p But then again I'm thinking that if ya can get 600 for it then your Pullmax is a freebie!!!! ;)

You guys and gals have a BLAST, but I am keepin a cap for myself even if I didn't go, and I sure hope ya post up a group picture for intergalactic advertising purposes.

anders nørgaard
06-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi Anders and viking metal meeters, I'm sorry to say that I can't make it to Viking metalmeet 2010,
I realy enjoyed 2008 but I have to work on our new house.... hope to move in august...

regards jos

Hi "Mr. Vincent" ;)

Sorry you can't make it! Was a pleasure having you here. Maybe we'll see each other on another occasion:)

Well gang final approval was given on the 2010 logo yesterday ( thanks again Ken ). Anders and my other Viking friends if ya think the 2008 caps were cool wait till you see these!!!!!:D

All part of BuglytoolS Intergalactic Division's on going efforts to expand the unknown universe. :lol:

PS:

Anders it would not be sporting to offer to sell Einar his parts that are coming over with the caps:p But then again I'm thinking that if ya can get 600 for it then your Pullmax is a freebie!!!! ;)

You guys and gals have a BLAST, but I am keepin a cap for myself even if I didn't go, and I sure hope ya post up a group picture for intergalactic advertising purposes.

Ray my friend,

Looking forward to seeing those caps :)

Don't know what Einar bought from you, but my guess would be some 3/4" stock for Pullmax tooling :cool:... wouldn't fit my Trumpf anyway :D As you already know, I told about the P5 to "the wrong guy" :mad:

Of course we'll have a blast and of course you should keep a cap for yourself... you can wear it, watching photos from the meeting... IF we'll upload any :D :D :D ;)

Thanks again!! :)

frank luten
06-23-2010, 01:41 PM
We seem to have lost some posts again!

Packed and ready to go:D
See you tomorrow.
Frank

lori
06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
hi vikings!
no metal meet for me this year!
on april 9 had a motorcycle accident , a car run me off the road.
both hands are smasht up, went thru the side window off car!
left hand is fixt,right hand is still in cast.
so no metal shaping for a few months for me:(
to all off you,have a good and save metal meet!!!
want to see lots off pictures
greetz Lori

Hotrod1932
06-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Dang Lori!:eek:

Glad your at least able to fuss about it! Could have been much worse.

Viking Caps are suppose to arrive on Friday ware them with pride, there are only 15 of them in the WORLD !!!

Have a BLAST!!!

anders nørgaard
06-24-2010, 04:20 AM
OUCH Lori!!

Sorry you can't make it! Glad you're recovering :)

Ray,

Only 15 in the WORLD? :eek: That'll make them "Collector's Item!" :cool: :) ;)

Pedalcar
06-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Sorry about that Lori...

please get well....hope it will heal all.

say hello to Roos from me...

Ben

hi vikings!
no metal meet for me this year!
on april 9 had a motorcycle accident , a car run me off the road.
both hands are smasht up, went thru the side window off car!
left hand is fixt,right hand is still in cast.
so no metal shaping for a few months for me:(
to all off you,have a good and save metal meet!!!
want to see lots off pictures
greetz Lori

frank luten
06-24-2010, 09:23 AM
We're there.
Got in at about 17.30
Modrate traffic(1 hour delay) fine day for a drive.
Got invited to a barbeque with the students, are well fed, will go to bed early, so Anders can set us to work tomorrow morning:rolleyes:!
Frank & Martine

kfs
06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
car are filled up whit toys :D ready to go early tomorow morning

se you al abot 3'o clock .

anders nørgaard
06-24-2010, 12:36 PM
And I am BUSY "buck building" :D ... I can tell you one thing: I got up and off to work at 4a.m. this morning :eek: and as I'm pretty sure I'll have to play ALOT with you guys tomorrow... It won't be finished when we meet, but we can get a start at it ;) :D

I know Frank brought a Volvo Amazone wheel well and Karl Fredrik has some Model T sides to fix. I have a pretty good idea of the measurements for the tub... firewall, inner rockers, outer rockers, "rear firewall" and floor board. Quite confident I can keep you all busy... for the afternoon at least :D :D :D

BTW: Anybody heard from Neil? not quite sure if he's coming or not?

Hairy-Neil
06-24-2010, 01:06 PM
BTW: Anybody heard from Neil? not quite sure if he's coming or not?

It's looking more unlikely by the day. :(

The soonest I could fly will be monday morning. Some of my friends will have left for home by then and I would hate to arrive just in time for the final sweeping up, so regretably I think I'll probably be giving it a miss this year.

ESjaavik
06-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm aiming for the ferry that arrives in Frederikshavn 20:00 tomorrow.
But there are uncertainties as today I sold a network analyzing tool and the buyer wants an introduction tomorrow so he can use it ASAP! But I guess by lunchtime he will either know what he needs or have a brain overheat due to information overload! :evil::lol::lol:

If I can't get going early enough to reach that ferry, I will be there on Saturday. I have Jaakko's number on my phone, so I will update him.

Just had a talk with Jaakko and promised to bring the Henrob and my beloved old torch. So hoping there is OxyAcetylene on hand. I'll also bring some aluminum flux. The stump I bring to the Norwegian meetings seems to be well occupied there. Should I bring 2 or are you already stumped Anders?

@Ben: I forgot to ask, but if you can bring a shrinking disk I'll buy one from you. I did already buy one and it works fine, so as I work in 2 different locations I'd like to have one more.

anders nørgaard
06-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Very sorry to hear you can't make it Neil :( I'll do the sweeping :D ;) I'm sure we'll meet again... somewhere... sometime :-)

Einar,

Frederikshavn at 8 pm, you'll be in Viborg around 10 pm.

2 stumps would be great! The one you brought to KFS in March worked really well http://metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif Oxy/acy tanks were empty today, but I'll get hold of a couple of filled ones :cool:

anders nørgaard
06-24-2010, 02:36 PM
reposted, edited room list

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1540

tractiondk
06-25-2010, 05:01 AM
I have started packing, and will arrive early saturday. I am really looking forward to see you guys again.

ESjaavik
06-25-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm on the ferry arriving Frederikshavn 21:45.
Just hoping I can find the way on to Viborg. :)

jag2be
06-25-2010, 12:19 PM
have fun and please post lots of pictures

anders nørgaard
06-26-2010, 06:21 AM
We're having fun. I even made some metal scrap this year :lol: Caps donated by Ray have arrived. THANKS Ray!! they´re great!!

Can't upload pics from this computer, but I will do it, when I get home tonight ;)

Hotrod1932
06-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Glad ya like um! KenB thanks for the great logo to work with!

Can't wait till there are pictures ( hint, hint, hint ) :p

anders nørgaard
06-26-2010, 03:04 PM
We Do! :)
Home now. 11:47pm :eek: :D

Pics coming ;)

Here we are, wearing our caps. Thomas (the 356 guy) came by in his Speedster and took our group pic :)

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1551

Left to right (rear to front :p) Torsten (tractiondk) Jon Denton (JonD) Ben van Berlo (Pedalcar) Jaakko Aaltonen (Jaakko) Emile Barts (The Spy) Anders Nørgaard Einar Sjaavik (ESjaavik) Frank Luten, Martine Luten, Bengt-Olof and Karl Fredrik Skjæggestad (kfs)

RAY: We all thank you for the nice caps :) http://metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1544

Martine hammering some steel art (she's good at it!), Emile and Frank.

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1549

Karl Fredrik working on some side panels for a model T that is going to have horse carriage doors in them :eek: :-) ;)

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1554

Guess who... The guy you can see walking across the shop is JonD from the UK

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1555

Nope... wasn't Killroy... Ben "Pedalcar" van Berlo checking the fit of the rear quarter he is building for the project. Jon has been working on the left side inner rocker and the top of the outer rocker plus structural members for that area as well.

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1546

Bengt-Olof in "Planning Mode"... I think ;)

More pics tomorrow guys... actually it HAS become tomorrow here right now :D

BTW: Today is Ben's birthday :o HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND :-) :-) :-) And MANY more to come ;)

A few more pics in my album

http://metalmeet.com/forum/album.php?albumid=153

jlrussell4
06-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Anders,

Thanks for sending the pictures of your participants. I have met Jon, Ben, Emile, Frank and Martine. It was good to "see" them again. I hope to someday meet the others.

You all look like you are having a great time!

oldgoaly
06-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Happy Birthday! Ben

looks like fun...glad to :o SEE :o the pics in the post instead of looking in your album or logging in again to see them. looking forward to more pics!!!!

AndersK
06-28-2010, 06:01 AM
There's way too little pics in this thread!
Are you working at all? :confused:

I gave them a call today and spoke about 10 minutes.
Not a single hammer blow, nor metal sound, all I could hear in the background was talk and laughing...

Give us some proof of work now guys ;):cool:

/Anders

anders nørgaard
06-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Gotta work on that Anders :D ;)

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1556

Karl Fredriks Model T/ Horse carriage project

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1557

"Secret" plan :cool: :D

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1558

Buck with side view plan on it

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1559

Coil of aluminum

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1560

Buck is developing

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1561

Stations and 5-1/4" head light rings

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1562

Bugly Research Centre :D

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1563

JonD Made the rockers

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1564

3/4 view of front end

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1565

Bengt-Olof working on his 16ga aluminum bike tank

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1566

Einar making a Ken Burt Buck of the panel between the headlamp and the grille (revers curves)

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1567

We don't use bo... NO! I'm not going to say it... but we use paper towel instead :cool: :D

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1568

Ben making a burt buck of the lower front fender

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1569

Emile on his way from the ewheel. He's building the right rear quarter :). Ben built the left one :-)

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1570

Bengt keeping on to his tank

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1571

Emile checking his panel against the FSP... like he says: "This is your Bible. Once the panel fits the pattern it will also fit the car!" :-)

AndersK. Now I'm sure you understand why there was no noise. Wheeling doesn't make any noise and neither does making flex patterns. Bengt-Olof didn't make any noise... he was speaking with you on the phone :lol:

Hotrod1932
06-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Looks like you folks are having way too much fun!!! Kind of scary seeing the restricted area all draped up like that8-)

Makes a guy wonder what your really workin on at this meet! :eek:

AndersK
06-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Much better this way Anders :cool:
Looks like you're all havin fun (well who wouldnt in that company).

Specially Einar, by the smile on his face it looks like his thoughts are at something else than metal or FSP.... :lol:;)

/Anders

jag2be
06-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Looks like loads of fun....:o

frank luten
06-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Just got home, long drive in +30 c degrees.

Anders (and the rest of you guys)thanks again for the great time Martine and I had.

Just one pic that all vikingmeet goers will recognize.

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=1577&albumid=154&dl=1277761193&thumb=1 (http://metalmeet.com/forum/album.php?albumid=154&pictureid=1577)

Some more in the album, will upload the rest tomorrow. to tired now.

One thing does bother me though,today's progress on all projects seems much greater now that I am gone!!:lol:

Have a great day guys, wish I was(we were) (still)there!
Frank &Martine

tractiondk
06-29-2010, 04:13 AM
I would also like to say THANKS to Anders, Ben and the rest of the gang, for a great meeting. It was great to see old friends and meet some new ones.

And thanks for the cap, Ray!!!!

Pedalcar
06-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi Gang ,

arrived home around 3 in the afternoon left 5.15 in the morning...

We had a long but good trip....

I want to thank Anders for the great meet, i think it was one of the most productive i have ever bin to,great bunch of guys (and a girl)

Also thanks to random order Einar,Torsten,Frank and Martine,Jaako,Bengt-Olof,Karl,Jon,Emile and offcoarse Anders again for this great meet....

Ray great caps again thanks.....

Ben

JonD
06-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Got back home at 1am this morning. It seems like I've been away for ages.

Thanks must go to Anders for being an excellent host. ** standing up clapping ** :)

It was great to meet everyone and I hope to see you all soon.

I'm not sure how long it will take for my feet to recover :o

Cheers for the hat Ray ! :)

Wishing everyone still there a safe journey home.

ESjaavik
06-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm also back home, arriving 1700. Just had to go get my own dumpster (posted elsewhere) after getting home, as the only disappointment this year was the dumpster content. But then Jaakko was there before me. That might be the reason why. :lol:

And will join in on the salutes to Anders for hosting another excellent meeting. And the same to all who were there and thus contributing to making it such a success.

This picture is taken on Monday and so not representing how far we got. But just to show why our feet are a bit sore. They did not get out of the shoes from 0830 to around 2200. But it was the most fun meeting so far for me, as this really shows how much can be done in a few days when working as a team! Having a common project like this is one of the factors making the meet so enjoyable. And there were no 3D drawings or fancy bucks to define the shapes, just some "how does this look" design on a basic layout made by Anders.

And to Ray: thanks for the caps. It's a great pity you could not be there, but we just have to look forward to see you next year.

Edit: Another picture taken by Bengt Olof showing The Boss (Anders) fitting another panel on the car. Sorry for "stealing your picture" BO, but I found it too good not to be seen by all.

anders nørgaard
06-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Guys :)

Thank you for the praising words :) :) :) :) :) Not hard to be a host for a bunch of great guys like you!!!!!

Jaakko and I spent the day moving all my stuff back to my garage and cleaning up the shop THANKS Jaakko!!

I'm also home now and I know I have a write up to do and ALOT (from all participants) pictures to upload, but honestly: Right now I'm exhausted and have to sleep before regular, boring work tomorrow. Will do it tomorrow :)

BTW Ray.... We DID have coffee... and tea :cool: :D :D :D ;)

tractiondk
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi gang.

Pictures are uploaded in my album. http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/album.php?albumid=160

Bengt-Olof
07-04-2010, 10:49 AM
want to thank everyone for a good weekend.
It was fun to see everyone again.:)

kfs
07-04-2010, 01:40 PM
want to thank everyone for a good weekend.
It was fun to see everyone again.:)

not mutch more to say !! Thank You Anders and al of you for a fantastic weekend

ESjaavik
07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Another couple of pictures.

WATCH OUT for the Volvo Ben and Torsten!
Next picture is Jon and Karl Fredrik in teamwork on the left front.

JonD
07-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Great photo's , I uploaded mine to the gallery.

Did anyone get final shots of the pedalcar ?

Cheers

Jon

anders nørgaard
07-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Guys,

Know I owe you a write up and I'll get to it soon.
Just wanted to show you a pic of a happy Trumpf TAS63A... no longer sitting outside :D ;)

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1705

Now I'll have to clean off the surface rust... and maybe paint it YELLOW! :D

Rick (madera)
07-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Guys,

Just wanted to show you a pic of a happy Trumpf TAS63A... no longer sitting outside :D ;)

let me be the first to say congradulations! (i'm guessing you bought it)

If you paint it yellow everyone will think you got it Harbor Frieght :lol:

anders nørgaard
07-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks Rick... but I bought it back in 2007, just before the first Viking Meet.:eek: :eek: ($130, transportation included :) ) Haven't been able to find floor space in my garage or figuring out a way to get it in there :D :D Solved both problems last week :cool: The "yellow thing" is an internal joke between Emile The Spy Baart, Frank Luten and me :D ;)

Pedalcar
07-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi Anders,

great to see the your Trumpf is in the House ....it will like it...

Ben

anders nørgaard
07-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Hi Ben,

Yeah :) and I also cleaned some of the nasty red stuff off it today :D ... have to get it ready for week #26, 2011 ;) We are more than welcome to come back!! http://metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Hotrod1932
07-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Anders my friend I sure hope to make it for that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

You coming over with Frank and Martine for Oblong this year???? You know your welcome to stay here before or after the meet!

Rick (madera)
07-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Anders,
looking at your machine it has a strange die setup on it :confused:
what size stems does it take?

Jaakko
07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey Anders,

great you got the floor space problem figured out :-)

That garage will make a nice shop once it is cleaned out - and there's a great project already waiting for you to get your head down working on it!

Take care,

Jaakko

anders nørgaard
07-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Anders,
looking at your machine it has a strange die setup on it :confused:
what size stems does it take?

Rick,

It has 30 mm (little shy of 1-1/4") square die holders and the lower toolholder is also able to take a 34mm round shank (1-5/16"... app) :D

I'll take a pic of it later today ;)

Jaakko,

Yes, the Jetski went out and I rearranged some of the other stuff, to be able to work on the Viking Meet project :) :)

anders nørgaard
07-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Here it is ;)

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=1741

frank luten
08-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Guys,

Now what's this about MAYBE painting it yellow:mad: It needs to be yellow!!:razz:
Good for you Anders, it looked so sad sitting outside.

Frank

kfs
08-15-2010, 01:30 PM
been working a litle bit on the 1924 T

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=1862

side panel as it left Viking Meet in Denmark

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=1863

as i fit the car, after some tweeking

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=1865

whit the door, stil a looooong way there ! I thing a cork screw vas what they where looking for when they made thise doors :confused:

Hotrod1932
08-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Karl that thing is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where on earth did you find that! :o

kfs
08-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi Ray

It's a customer car, he made all the wood work using a 1:32 toy car as a model ! the doors are from an old horse carige

anders nørgaard
08-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi All,

At this year's meeting I started building a wheel well for a 196o-something Volvo Amazone

Frank Luten brought an almost intact tub to take patterns from. He generously donated it to me, before he went home :) Thanks my friend!!

At the meeting I started building the inner half first... looked like that would be the easy part. I tried making the inner part one piece only. Had seen Ron Covell do that in a video... didn't look that hard to do, but let me tell you something: I got smarter :D :p

Emile The Spy told me to split it into a front and a rear half, and so I did.

Made the outer half in one piece. Almost had it fit the flex pattern Frank made at the meeting. Wanted to be able to build tubs for the right side of the car as well and decided to build a reversible buck :cool: So I did and today I managed to finish the first outer half.

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=184&pictureid=1909

Rear end view

http://metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=184&pictureid=1908

Of course it is not "Ferguson/ van Berlo/Olson quality" but I'm quite happy with it :)

I uploaded a bunch of buck building photos here: http://metalmeet.com/forum/album.php?albumid=184

Unfortunately a few of the first buck building pics got deleted from my camera, but I'll take some new ones and write about it in a separate thread ;)

frank luten
08-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Anders,
Looking good!

Frank

Unknowing
08-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Yes Anders it's looking good-

Does the part have a reverse down the center where you split it? I can't tell from the picture

John

anders nørgaard
08-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks guys :)

John, yes the panel does have a slight reverse curve in the center area. This was not the panel I split. It's a "one piecer" :D

I split the inner half in two. Not quite done yet, but I'll have to get my a.. off the chair. Deadline Saturday! :eek: :D