PDA

View Full Version : Info on the Grandbury TX meet? March?

gearheads78
02-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Before the site crashed someone posted about this. Is it still on ? Details please.

themodernartist
02-24-2010, 02:57 PM
http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=45http://metalmeet.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=45

you bet it is!

Subject:
Metalshapers Gathering in Granbury Texas

There will be an informal Gathering of those that are interested in metal shaping in Granbury Texas on March 13th. We will continue working on the motorcycle tank that was started in January, some work/instruction on the e-wheel, your small project if you have one and just some good old armchair sharing of metal shaping information.

Our host will be at Jason Ferguson’s shop/Texas Bike Works. The address is 1208 Fall Creek Granbury Tex 76049. For a map showing this location see: http://texasbikeworks.com/googlemap.htm (http://texasbikeworks.com/googlemap.htm)
For more information you may contact Gordon (Don) Bartlett at: stingshp@taylortel.net (stingshp@taylortel.net)

Since the Gathering itself is free, we suggest contributing $20 each to offset Jason’s expenses for lunch, drinks, donuts/munchies, Ox/Act. gasses, electricity, etc.

Besides your “small project”, please remember to bring your safety gear for hearing, eyes and hands, etc.

Remember! This Gathering is for learning and having mucho fun!

themodernartist
02-25-2010, 06:45 PM
you bet it is!

subject:
metalshapers gathering in granbury texas

there will be an informal gathering of those that are interested in metal shaping in granbury texas on march 13th. We will continue working on the motorcycle tank that was started in january, some work/instruction on the e-wheel, your small project if you have one and just some good old armchair sharing of metal shaping information.

our host will be at jason ferguson’s shop/texas bike works. The address is 1208 fall creek granbury tex 76049. For a map showing this location see: http://texasbikeworks.com/googlemap.htm (http://texasbikeworks.com/googlemap.htm)
for more information you may contact gordon (don) bartlett at: stingshp@taylortel.net (stingshp@taylortel.net)

since the gathering itself is free, we suggest contributing $20 each to offset jason’s expenses for lunch, drinks, donuts/munchies, ox/act. Gasses, electricity, etc.

besides your “small project”, please remember to bring your safety gear for hearing, eyes and hands, etc.

remember! This gathering is for learning and having mucho fun!

bumped up!

gearheads78
02-25-2010, 07:06 PM
great...I plan on being there

fuel
03-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Sweet! That's close to home! I'll be there! I've never been to a MM. What all do we need to bring other than safety equipment? Hammers, dollies, etc.?

themodernartist
03-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi Clint,
Yes bring your favorite hand tools.
You will be meeting some great like minded people who are interested in metal shaping so we can share experiences and ideas. Too bad it's just a one day affair. 2-3 days work better but Jason does have to run a business you know.

Don will be bringing some metal for making bowls and I think a form for making a blister such as on airplanes and race cars. I will be bringing a rear fender panel I need to work on and my over due sculpture I need to finish some day.

Note from Don this week,
"I don't know if I had told you I have some Beginner projects all set up along with needed tools . And if I have time in the next week I'm going to round up materials to make mini Door skin ,but theres only so many hours in a day."

Peace,
Chaz (the other one)

Irrational Metalworks
03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
I am going to try and show up with a buddy of mine. I will leave my projects at home and help someone with thiers!

Tim @ www.irrationalmetalworks.com

Astro
03-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Looks like I won't be able to make this...it snuck up quick and I've got too many irons in the fire right now. I'll try, but it's not looking good for me.

themodernartist
03-06-2010, 05:02 AM
Looking forward to meeting you guys! So far it looks like 11 of us will be showing up. Tim we will appreciate you're helping others. Again, it's all about sharing information.

Peace,
Chaz (the other one)

fuel
03-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Man, I am so stoked on this. My fiancée bought me some Martin body hammers and dollies for Christmas and this will be the first chance I get to use them. I'm a total newbie when it comes to this. I've got a lot of machining, welding, and fabrication experience but no metalshaping experience. I can make nice boxes on a box and pan brake but this stuff is a total
different league.

If someone is providing the sheet metal let me know how much it is so that I can pay them for it. I don't have a good supplier of sheetmetal here.

Do I need to bring a rivet gun, clecos, and a bucking bar? I had an A&P guy show me the basics on that and it's cool. I don't know if y'all would need it or not.

Irrational Metalworks
03-09-2010, 04:33 AM
What time does this thing start?

themodernartist
03-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi Clint,
Probably just your basic hand tools and your safety equipment.
If you want to bring the rivet stuff along "just in case" there is a lull in other activities that would be fine.
Ear and Eye protection definitely.

Hi Tim,
Starts at 9:a.m. sharp!
Don says, "he's looking forward to meeting you after all these years."

Peace,
Chaz (the other one)

fuel
03-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I may be bringing some more people, if that's ok. Three of my students have expressed interest in going. I'll find out for sure on Friday.

themodernartist
03-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Great!
We'll show them how to make a bowl. Bowls are good!
Peace,
Chaz (the other one)

Dirtys Speed Shop
03-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Wow guys!!! This was my first metalmeet and I had a blast!!!! It was good meeting each and everyone of you, Thanks Tim for the invite and thanks Jason for having us out. Now somoene post all the pics that were taken

Rusty

themodernartist
03-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi Rusty,
It was good to meet you. Yep! It was a lot of fun. My muscles are telling this old body so!
I was working on this project as I am typing this. Probably have some pics tomorrow.
Peace,
Chaz (the other one)

kenb
03-15-2010, 06:15 PM
It was good to meet you. Yep! It was a lot of fun. My muscles are telling this old body so!

Sounds like you guys had an excellent time! We're looking forward to seeing the pictures. :D

Ken

gearheads78
03-15-2010, 09:08 PM
:DWow guys!!! This was my first Metalmeet and I had a blast!!!! It was good meeting each and everyone of you, Thanks Tim for the invite and thanks Jason for having us out. Now somoene post all the pics that were taken

Rusty
Its was a great time. Its funny how small the world is running in to you all the way over there. When I get my wheel up you can come over and we can practice makeing a big two man panel so we can really mess it up LOL:D

I had a great time bumping in to a few people I know and meeting new friends.
Richard

fuel
03-16-2010, 11:30 AM
This MM was a BLAST! I had so much fun. It was nice meeting ya'll and I can't wait to do it again. That was the best $20 I ever spent. Thanks to everyone there for teaching and thanks to Jason for the use of his facilities.

themodernartist
04-28-2010, 05:28 AM

Subject:
Metalshapers Gathering in Granbury Texas

There will be an informal Gathering of those that are interested in metal shaping in Granbury Texas on May 15. We will be finishing the motorcycle tank that was started in January and a new project of a front fender for a car, your small project if you have one and just some good old armchair sharing of metal shaping information.

Our host will be at Jason Ferguson’s shop/Texas Bike Works. The address is 1208 Fall Creek Granbury Tex 76049. For a map showing this location see: http://texasbikeworks.com/googlemap.htm (http://texasbikeworks.com/googlemap.htm)
For more information you may contact Gordon (Don) Bartlett at: stingshp@taylortel.net (stingshp@taylortel.net)

Since the Gathering itself is free, we suggest contributing $20 each to offset Jason’s expenses for lunch, drinks, donuts/munchies, Ox/Act. gasses, electricity, etc.

Besides your “small project”, please remember to bring your safety gear for hearing, eyes and hands, etc.

Remember! This Gathering is for learning and having mucho fun!

Astro
04-28-2010, 03:31 PM
I'd really like to make it over there, but I'll be at Yello Belly Dragstrip in Grand Prarie on the 15th for the Texas Nostalgia Nationals.:???:

Richard_D
05-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Had a great time at the Grandbury Metelmeet! Thanks Jason, Charles, Don, and everyone else. I will post some photos and video as soon as they are loaded on my computer.