PDA

View Full Version : Gator Meet 2010

gator 1
02-23-2010, 06:13 AM
http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=46http://metalmeet.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=46
http://metalmeet.com/events/2010%20logo%20graphics/2010%20Gatormeet.jpg

Yes there will be a Gator Meet 2010. Dates are May 7th, 8th, and 9th. Come early if you want. Theres room for camping. Projects are the cabover and a few others to be anounced. Please let me know if your coming or think your coming so i can get a head count on food and supplys...Thanks GATOR

5916 Laurel Court
Adamstown Maryland 21710
301-698-5236 Home
240-674-2101 Cell

Closest town for hotels...Frederick Maryland...About 10 minutes away...

Bob Baisden
02-23-2010, 06:54 AM
I'll be there.
Thanks,
Bob

v2cad
02-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Gator
Looking forward to it. It doesn't get much better, good friends, great food & metal shaping.

J.

FriarTuck
02-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Hey Gator, sent you a PM, your box is full.........

Tuck

John Buffinton
02-23-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm going to try and make it, it depends if my unit lets me take leave or not.

John

gator 1
02-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Tuck. All clear now. Forgot that they were full back then...lol..lol..Gator

turnaround
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I might be in the middle of the girl friend retiring and us moving to NC, but, if it works out, two of us will be there.
Turnaround aka David Coleman/Bev Fox

Model A Bill
02-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Count me in.

weldoneinc
02-26-2010, 06:10 AM
As usual i will be there

jcarpenter
02-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Gator, I will be there also.

John C

john soko
02-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Gator, Thanks for the e-vite. Count me in. Should we bring snow shovels ?

exline
03-05-2010, 08:30 PM
i will be there too. gota mark my calender now so i dont forget.

kenny ( hemihead before i had to reregister)

gator 1
03-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Update on the meet. I have a guy comming that does mobile media blasting. He will be talking about effects of the media and doing demos. While hes set up he can do some parts if you need anything done. There will be a charge but thats between you and him. If you need quotes please tell me what you want done and i wll get you a price. I have some primmer to coat parts before you leave.

Also heard Bennett Chapman will be joining us for the meet. Horay....Gator

BigMike
03-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Gator, thanks for holding another Gator Meet! Work is frequently crazy, but I'm going to try REAL hard to be there. It's always been a seriously educational, friendly and fun time!

Is the media blasting the kind done with baking soda, or the more traditional media? Saw some videos of soda blasting and it looked very interesting from several standpoints (acid neutralization on the parts, rinse with water so no grit left in the nooks and crannies of complex shapes, environmentally friendly, etc.).

cabro32
04-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi Gator: Thanks for having the meet, I'll be there.
Joe Chick

gator 1
04-06-2010, 07:39 AM
One month and counting. Kerry and Bennett are added to the list. I will have a mobile soda and sand blast guy on site durring the meet if anyone coming needs any done. Projects so far are the cab over, lincoln pedal car buck building, and lots of demos. Still room for some other projects.

Dont be shy, make the trip. I promise it will be worth it.

Address is

5916 laurel court
adamstown md 21710
cell..240-674-2101
home..301-698-5236

closest town for hotels...Frederick md....about 10 minutes away

close to the air and space museum, gettysburg battlefields, and dc metro area.

I have 3 acres and camping allowed. Had great weather for last 4 years.

Can ya tell im excited...everyone welcome....

Time to clean the shop and get things ready...Think i need to lay off the coffee...And i dont even drink the stuff....Must be metalshaping with no fights

DISCLAIMER...Everyone welcome but politics and attitudes left at the curb. If you dont know how i can teach you, if i cant then you will have to leave..:twisted::twisted::twisted::):):):D:D:D:coo l::cool::cool:

Never banned anyone from a meet and dont plan on starting....GATOR

Peter Miles
04-06-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm going to try and make it, it depends if my unit lets me take leave or not.

John

John, I'm glad to see that you are on your way back here to the States!

Welcome back and thanks for your service to the country.

Peter Miles
04-06-2010, 02:09 PM
To those of you whom have never met Gator and/or never attended a Gator Meet regional meet, Gator is a great guy, a great host, the the Gator Meets always seem to be great events.

I've attended at least two of them and enjoyed them greatly. Unfortunately, we have lost the message threads covering the last few Gator Meets, but here is the message thread leading up to and covering the very first Gator Meet back in 2006:

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4682

http://www.metalmeet.com/photopost/data/3994/medium/gatormeet06_002.jpg

Make sure that you go to the last few pages of the thread and see all the pictures from the meet.

I won't be able to attend this year but I certainly wish that I could be!!

Have a great meet, Gator.

gator 1
04-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Bump to the top. The gatormeet is right around the corner. I will be out of town and away from the computer from the 18 thru the 26 of april. I will answer any questions before i leave or as soon as i return. Its shapping up to be the best Gator meet yet. Gator

Bill Gibson
04-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Sorry I can't make it this time. I will be in California, riding a bike down the PCH.......
It's cool that you are going to have Lyn there with the Soda Blasting. He's a great guy and been into hot rods for a long time. For those local to the area, He is the same guy that owned Buggies by Lyn back in the 70's. He was a Meyers Manx dealer.
Have fun guys.....

exline
04-30-2010, 06:40 AM
if you have room i will bring my fender and buck project back this year. its the only time i ever seem to get to work on it.

gator 1
04-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Glad to have ya. See ya next week...Gator

John Ravenscroft
05-01-2010, 06:28 AM
hope to make it this year. john ravenscroft

Ron Naida
05-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Gator,
If OK I am going to try to make it up for an afternoon.

Won't bring any projects, don't need to eat,

Ron

gator 1
05-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Everyones welcome and you can eat all you like...Gator

jlrussell4
05-02-2010, 04:06 PM
One these years ;) I'm going to make it up there. Maybe next year.

Tom Barry
05-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Hi Gator, hope to see you on Friday.

gator 1
05-04-2010, 06:58 AM
3 Days and counting....Theres going to be some great times and some special suprises this year. I have some door prizes and giveaways to hand out along with some great food.. Did i mention some metal banging also. We have the cab over, a riverea hood to help someone fix, a chevy truck to fill stake pockets, gas door fill and some cab work, Door dent repair, Bondo buck building, Ewheel build and much much more..

Did i mention some good food....Come on and have some fun. Gator

Dutch and Marty Here is your SPECIAL INVITE...Now you have no excuse....

Later Gator

John Buffinton
05-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Looks like I will be there, I am bringing a buddy and will live in a camper if thats ok. We are showing up on thursday so we can help with the set up if you need it. See you on thursday.

John

Model A Bill
05-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Did you tell Marty you had a pot of coffee on??

exline
05-07-2010, 05:05 AM
just wondering if the blast guy is still coming? i have a couple of front and rear valance panels from a cuda that need blasted. thought i may bring them saturday.

john soko
05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Many thanks to Gator & Mrs. Gator for hosting the meet ... and thanks to
Kerry, V2Cad, John C., Bennet, Kirk, Ron, Will, etc., etc. for the many
tid-bits of information you packed into my head.

Some random photos:

oldgoaly
05-08-2010, 05:23 PM
John, you gotta add some names and what they are doing??? is that Kerry P with soda blaster? is that a 62 catalina or ???? in the rotisserie? One pic looks like Ben? so it was an international Gatormeet??? tt

gator 1
05-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Just a quick minute, still lots going on. Thats kerry with a deburing broach type tool cleaning up some rough spots on a bondo buck made from a pedal car. The car is a 63 impala that i have to put floors, trunk, and firewall in,The pic shows the owners checking out the blasting work.
It is an international meet and yes thats ben. More later...Gator

Ron Naida
05-09-2010, 07:54 AM
I went up Friday for the day.

Kerry was focused on the pedal car bondo buck.

James Bowler was making nice widened fenders on an MGA.

General Buffington and staff were making glove boxes.

J. Clear started on his grille shell but then we went on to
a door skin his accomplice had brought.

Bennet was floating around assisting in all areas.

Model A Bill was ewheel building

Captain Kirk was demoing tuck shrinking then went on
to assist on widening a hood.

Apologies to any hard working bodies I neglected to mention above.

A mid morning tour of Gators MetalFab facility was
very impressive.

Thanks to Gator & family for hosting a superb event.

Ron Naida

gator 1
05-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Well its another one in the books. I lack to say it was the best because all have been great in there own way. But it was the best one yet. There was a lot of old friends and some new friends walk through the door and all were welcome. Having Pedal Car ben show up was an honor and he wins the long distance award. ( sorry kerry and bennet ). This is not to say anyone was less important than anyone else but the face i was most glad to see was John Buffington walk thru my door. John just got back from a tour overseas protecting us so we can do what we want and when we want.......THANK YOU MY FRIEND...

I felt honnered to have everyone there. Ron Nadia came for a couple of hours and stayed all day. That was great. Joe Andrews made the long haul as well as Will Cronkite. Boy did he have some stories and was a great guy. The captain was in great spirits as always and for a proclaimed metalshaper spread more bondo this weekend than most do in a year..LOL We just had to keep him away from the milling machine.LOL.. James, Bob, And sniker doodle Bill was quite the gang.

A special thanks to the guys who came in early thursday and helped to get ready.

Danielle ( mrs gator ) and Barb, Billy, Austin and Dakota. I could not have pulled this off wothout you. All the food, drink, and fellowship.

Thanks to everyone who came. You made it worth the effort. To anyone thinking about doing a meet as a host or guest, it will be the best thing you ever did. See ya next year.....Gator