PDA

View Full Version : Oblong Fairgrounds Electrical Upgrades

Doug Hawkins
05-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Randy and I plan to begin the next phase of electrcal upgrades to the fairgrounds on Saturday May 27, 2006. Yes, we know that is the Memorial day week end but thought we would toss this date out to see if there was some interest in helping out.

Our focus is to install a 40 circuit 200 amp box in the block building and run conduit / circuits for welders, hammers, air compressor, etc. That way when the compressor kicks on the lights won't dim!

Anyone interested in helping out on May 27? Let us know.

Thanks!

tdoty
05-01-2006, 08:00 PM
May 27 sounds workable to me ............. unless I have to work at my regular job. Ought to be able to get out of that too.

Who else is in?

Tim D.

KustomsRus
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Doug, I will be in Northern Indiana for a family reunion that weekend so won't be able to make it. Let me know any other planned work days and I'll try to make it.

Doug Hawkins
05-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks Tim.

We'll keep you posted Jerry.

Tim is in. Others?

Thanks,

rookie
05-03-2006, 06:12 AM
I don't know crap about wiring but can bend conduit and pull wires. Count me in.

Phil

tdoty
05-03-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't know crap about wiring but can bend conduit and pull wires. Count me in.

Phil

Good to know, Phil! See, I do know crap about wiring, but can't bend conduit for ... uh ............. well, you get the idea :lol: . 90's are about the extent of it .............. never bothered to get the hang of doing a "kick" the right way :shock:

Tim D.

norm47
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Can't commit for certain yet, but I may be able to make it. Have good experiece bending pipe and pulling wires, plus I've melted many screwdrivers in my time. Tim should be able to tell you what that means

CCWKen
05-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Dang. You yanks have all the fun. If it wasn't 1500 miles away, I'd be there. It's gotta be cooler up there pullin' wire than hammerin' nails down here in 95* heat.

roger n cindy
05-04-2006, 06:29 AM
well me, one of the canadians and maby uncle johnny will be in springfield mo. that weekend visiting with Kieth. we want to see what fine car he debuets this year at the NSRA show. if another date comes up please let me know as i'm unbusy most of the time.
roger

Doug Hawkins
05-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Norm - If you can make it that would be great.

CCWken - Yes, it probably will be cooler here - been real nice last couple of weeks - maybe low 70's.

Roger - Have fun in Springfield. I've never made that show and would like to get over there sometime.

Thanks guys.

tdoty
05-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Well, it looks like I'm out. Apparently I am going to have to work the 27th! Might be able to make it for the 28th and 29th ............... but no promises.

Tim D.

anders nørgaard
05-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Well, it looks like I'm out. Apparently I am going to have to work the 27th! Might be able to make it for the 28th and 29th ............... but no promises.

Tim D.

Hey Buddy,
You are a busy guy! Work does take up a lot of a persons free time :o :o :o Really appreciate your good will!!!!!!!!!! http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

rookie
05-16-2006, 02:31 PM
I really don't want to do this, but I am also going to HAVE to cancel. My so called wonder job has so far turned out to be a dead dog, I've worked 4 days in the last month, two of them last week. I just can't justify spending money to go out of town when we have some past due bills (I sure tried though!).

I'd sure be there if I possibly could. Sorry guys, Phil

1969robinhood
05-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Doug,
Is this still happening...are you working the whole weekend....???

As far as Sat. I won't know till the Wed. before if I am working...but If possible I will make it up there PM me when you get the chance or post for all what is still happening...

Doug Hawkins
05-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Tim and Phil, Sorry you won't be able to make it. I am sure there will be opportunities in the future.

Everyone else, Randy and I will be at the Oblong fairgrounds Saturday May 27 upgrading the electrical. If you can make it let me know and we appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Doug Hawkins
05-24-2006, 11:56 AM
We are going to postpone the workday for upgrading the electrical system in the block building at Oblong Fairgrounds.

The Oblong fairboard is having the 200 amp box and new tri-plex ran while they are upgrading the electrical in a near by building. We'll wait for this to be done and then will schedule a couple of days so we can run conduit and more circuits, upgrade air piping and lighting. Maybe even make some more tables as well.

The Oblong fairboard has also advised we can use the conduit and materials they are removing from the other building.

Shows again how good the Oblong folks are to work with.

Thanks to all who were going to make it.

We'll keep you posted on new dates.

Doug

jvo
05-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Aw, geez, Doug, I had just pulled out the phone book to call Air Canada to book a flight so's I could come down and help you and Randy with the upgrades. Its easy to say that now that you've cancelled it. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
;) John V.O.

Doug Hawkins
05-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Sounds like a good story John. :lol: Keep your schedule open for when we schedule another date.

Take care.

Ron G
05-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Doug
If all else fails, since I'm a little too far to just run over, how about some of us showing up a day early to help wire the place. Probably not many journeymen here but with a boss with a whip,(LOL) I'll bet we could get a lot done in a days time. Bring our own tools if needed.

Does the wire need to be in conduit? I've got 3 or 4 hundred feet of new 12-2/wg Romex I'd donate if needed.

Doug Hawkins
05-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks Ron, We'll want to get the wiring completed (and some other things) this summer. I think conduit is needed.

Keith
05-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi Doug,

What kind of wire is needed? I have access to all kinds of building wire SER/ SEU Armored cable (read flexable) no conduit needed. It all aluminum, no copper. We build wire for football/baseball stadiums, NASCAR tracks etc,etc.