PDA

View Full Version : Air tools?

ehsankiani
04-24-2006, 03:02 PM
You all have seen what the mechanics here do and the tools that they use. I am plannig to get some air tools like the ones on the links below
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...19#accessories
These my wife would be bringing back with her from the US. The question is..
What to get in a couple of hundred bucks??
I would love to hear your comments/suggestions/links..
Thanks
Ehsan

CCWKen
04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
The link doesn't work.

In any case, what is going to be available for $100 depends on what you want to do and how much air you have. (cfm & psi)

An air chisel set and an air body-saw come in handy. You can make or buy stock .401 bits for the air chisel and use it for a hammer too. An air drill is dandy too. Well I think I used up your $100 already. :D

CCWKen
04-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Ops. You said a couple hundred. :D Let me get out my catalog. ;)

Skip the air shear and get an electric shear. If you can run 115vac over there or use an adapter, they work better than the air shears with the scissor blades and they have more maneuverability.

Not knowing what you want to do limits choices.

rsanter
04-24-2006, 04:03 PM
some stuff you could get from HF and be OK. you can also look at grizzly tools

bob

jvo
04-24-2006, 04:17 PM
I agree totally with Ken. My air drill is a cheapie and I have had it for about 20 years, in a hobby shop. I use it a lot. If you buy a rotary cut off saw that uses the 3 inch abrasive discs, will you be able to buy replaceable discs at home? Same goes for the small reciprocating saws, do you have access to replaceable blades that will fit it, or is the stuff in your homeland perhaps different? Definitely buy an electric shear. I have a nibbler that I never use. I have used an air shear with the scissor blades and they don't work nearly as good as the electric ones do. John V.O.