PDA

View Full Version : Famco 100 question from Newbie

Retired-N-Luvnit
04-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Would anyone have or know where I might locate a wiring diagram for a Famco 100 mill?
This is a great site
Thanks
Gary

Boogiemanz1
04-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Hello Gary, Welcome to MetalMeet. This is the largest source for metalshaping information. Always glad to welcome a new member, especially an Okie.

My Daughter lives in Owasso, and I live in Bixby.

There may be someone here that has some info on the mill, or can direct you to it. Are you just putting it in or having trouble with a portion of it? Feel free to contact me if I can help...............john

Retired-N-Luvnit
04-18-2006, 06:11 AM
John
I've had the mill for several years, but I'm just now having time to start using it. I'm trying to set up a RPC to replace the staic one I had for it. I'm having a little trouble getting it to work and would like to have a schematic to check out some things.
Thanks again Gary

Boogiemanz1
04-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Gary, I have my 2hp Bridgeport on a Phase-a-matic static converter that I bought at Wholesale tool in Tulsa. I have a 5 hp RPC that I bought online that I had on my Pullmax P-3, and a couple of VFD's I'm trying to set up. If seeing the way these are wired would help, you are welcome to come down and look.

If your mill is a step-pulley, you may want to consider a VFD.....it will allow you to change the RPM without touching the belts. Mine is a variable speed, but if I had it to do over again I probably bought a cheaper mill with a VFD.........john brown

underdog57
04-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Gary ,
Sounds like a book on motors would help you . You want to trouble shoot the motor?? There should be some good books or some help from someone here ..
Good luck ...
I have an old Famco band saw , must be fairly old ??
Bob

Peter Miles
04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Famco is still making machinery, but a more limited line.

http://www.famcomachine.com/

It looks like they are still making shears, slides, arbor presses, air presses, foot presses, grinders and pantographs.

I bought a well-used and hopefully not too-abused Famco shear last summer.

Peter

underdog57
04-19-2006, 05:00 AM
These tools really are built , my horizontal saw had to be unloaded with an engine crane . Cast iron ...!!
Still need to put the reduction drive back together , did find a Boston gear that needs the hole bored and a pin hole made ...closest could find.
The original gear is so worn it almost has no teeth and they curve back !!
Lot of miles , of cource your "mileage may vary":lol:
Now need time to get it done ...
House building a lot on free time ....

I bet the shear and mill are rugged too...
Bob