PDA

View Full Version : Gov't Surplus Site?

sha_ba_do_bang
11-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Anyone been on it? I just found it and there are a bunch of metal machine tools, bridgeports, lathes, drill presses, i guess i wait for an auction to open and then bid. Any one got any sweet deals off of it?

Thanks
Brendan

Gonejunking
11-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Brenden

I have been buying off the goverment for the last 30 years.

A big word of caution!! Make sure you know what you are bidding on, and that you have a way to move it!!! Also, is your item near you?

Most of the stuff that I bid on, is within 300 miles, and only takes a day to go get.

I got a phone call one time from a guy who bid on an item as a joke. Put in a bid of $10, he won the item, all 34 pallet's worth. He paid me to pick it all up and bring it to my shop. His wife was with him, when he came to my shop to look at what he won. He paid me $1000.00 for moving all of it, then gave it to me, as he had no room to keep it. He has never bid again!!

Be careful!!!

Just my 2c

CCWKen
11-30-2005, 08:42 PM
You're lucky. The only stuff I see (near me) is uniforms, computers and kitchen junk. Be advised that most of the machinery sits outside for a year or two before being sold. Make sure you check the condition codes and view or check the pictures carefully. They also do not load anything and your vehicle must to be "legal" (reg. lic & ins for your state).

Good luck! I keep looking but I don't do much cooking. :D

Gonejunking
12-01-2005, 12:04 AM
I've found that most of the machine tool's were junk for years, until this new company took over the sales a few years ago. Now only half of the lathe's, and mill's are junk, and the good one's go for too much money!

There still are bargins to be had, but they are few and far between.

Boogiemanz1
12-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Tinker AFB is just 100 mi from me and I have made a couple of fair deals, but I can go look before I bid...............john

Duck
12-01-2005, 03:13 PM
www.govliquidation.com

Duck