View Full Version : Rockwell Surface Grinder

Tim Haake
09-28-2004, 10:02 AM
I purchased a used Rockwell Surface Grinder. It has a 4X10 inch magnet chuck. Nice condition. My problem is it has no model number on it. I spoke will the Rockwell help line and they think they can find a manual for it but want a model number.

Can anyone help me with determining what model this machine could be? I wouldn't think Rockwell made all kinds of versions. I did talk one time with a machine shop owner that had a version of this machine that was a tool grinder. It looked very similar with exception of the tool post arrangement. Other than that it was the same machine I have.

Any help would be appreciated.


09-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi Tim,

The basic machine is a TG-3 Toolmaker. Typical older Rockwell numbering system, TG as in Tool Grinder.

Model number is 24-150 if the machine was bare. 24-152 if it had a Univise. 24-151 if it had tool and cutter grinding components. The base machines are identical, only the included accessories were different.

Rockwell didn't list a mag chuck, that would have been sourced elsewhere so your machine would be a 24-150.