PDA

View Full Version : MetalMeet readiness workshops!!

Randy Ferguson
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi folks,

If anyone wants to get together this Saturday, let me know. There are plenty of things to do before MetalMeet'04, and I can use all the help I can get!

Thanks,

gravy
09-01-2004, 07:20 PM
hi randy

ill be there and so will pop. Is there anything that you will need us to bring?

Johnny,

tdoty
09-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Randy,

Let me talk to the other half and I'll let you know. I was gonna ask about coming down Friday (I already have the day off) - have to see what the plans might be for Saturday.

Tim D.

Randy Ferguson
09-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Hi Tim,
Unfortunately, I have to work Friday, so I won't be around :( Hope she'll let you come down Saturday.

rookie
09-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi Randy, I thought you were going out of town.?. I'm not going to be able to make this one, made plans with a few friends to go to a bike rally in Iowa. Already bought tickets and the essential liquid refreshments of the distilled variety! Don't count me out of the loop though, if need be I'll run up by myself some weekend. I'm sure there will be more to do. Sorry i can't make this one.

Later,Phil

Randy Ferguson
09-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Hi Phil,
I was thinking about going to Auburn, but I haven't got the time. Seems there's something going on almost every week-end that I'd like to do, but I can't keep running and still get things ready for MetalMeet. I'll let ya know when the next work day will be.

tdoty
09-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Looks like I'm going to pick up a puppy tomorrow :?

A 3 1/2 hour drive to start the day kinda puts a damper on the rest of my day. Next time? Maybe I can show up a day or to before MM '04 to help, dunno about that yet either.

Tim D.

tdoty
09-04-2004, 11:04 PM
I was wrong, it was a 5 hour drive! I don't get along well with mornings anyway (doesn't matter what time they start), so being on the road by 10 am was a stretch for me anyway, let alone another 5 hours of driving on top of it - wouldn't have gotten to Robinson til close to 6 pm. The good news is the puppy is beautiful :D A little Beagle (now) named Sophie Kay

Let me know when the next open day is, and I'll see what I can do.

Tim D.

Randy Ferguson
09-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Hi Guys,
We had a pretty productive day! Doug Hawkins beat me to the shop this morning and Roger and Johnny Pfalzgraf (sorry if I mis-spelled that) was here by 9:00, after a three hour drive from across the state.
We started out the day with our normal 'bull session' then worked out a game plan and got to it. We decided the post dollies would be a good project to work on and we took inventory of the scrap I had lying around and got an idea of what was needed to make 9 more, similar to the prototype model I made a few weeks ago.
Doug offered his scrap pile (it's enormous!!) to our worth cause and in no time, we had all the materials needed to build the post dollies.
Doug and his wife, Cindy, being the gracious hosts they are, invited us to stay for lunch before getting back to work.
(Mr. Hawkins has a real keeper there!!!) :wink:
After stopping off at the local hardware store for a few supplies, we headed back to the shop and got busy. With two chop saws, a drill press, a few grinders and four eager dudes, a lot can be accomplished in an afternoon. We now have almost all the components cut out and prepared for assembly and have started the assembly process on a few parts. We have lots of scrap left for other projects too!!
Doug brought with him, the aluminum radiator for his '35 Chevy Master coupe that needed some brakets welded to hold the cooling fan, so we played around with that for a while too.
Thanks to Doug, Johnny and Roger, we made good progress on getting us a step closer to another successful MetalMeet!

I will announce this week when the next work day will be.
Next time we will be tearing down the temporary storage shack we built last January, building more benches, and getting them all painted. If we have a good turn-out, we will throw more projects into the mix. There is still work to do on the 'big' e-wheel and I really need my helve hammer finished before MM.

Johnny has offered to build a batch of slappers and we also have a lot of raw material to make several tucking tools.

Wray Schelin
09-05-2004, 03:53 AM
Hi Randy,

Man, sounds like you guys were busy helping to make MM04 a success. :D Thanks to all that pitched in with their help and donations of materials. I hope you can keep getting the local help you need in the coming weeks , there is still a lot to accomplish to insure the success of MM04. If anyone can snap a few pictures of your weekend acomplishments that would help let all the members know how much the MetalMeet 04 local members contribute .

Wray