PDA

View Full Version : Ken B's shop built bead roller

Wray Schelin
05-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Folks,

Ken B. has posted his drawings in the gallery of his precision made bead roller. Ken is designing and building the tools needed to help him build his PT boat model.

If you check out Ken's work on his PT model in the gallery you will see that he is a perfectionist and he never gives up till he gets the results he expects. He has a passion for this craft that is evident.(no pun intended :D)

Ken's custom bead roller

http://www.metalmeet.com/photopost/data/3266/1729Picture_024_-_R-med.jpg

For more information check out Ken's post in the beadroller forum.
http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1182&highlight=kenb+bead+roller

Wray

kenb
06-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Wray wrote: If you check out Ken's work on his PT model in the gallery you will see that he is a perfectionist and he never gives up till he gets the results he expects. He has a passion for this craft that is evident. (no pun intended)

Sheesh, I'm glad I don't come here for the jokes! :lol:

Thanks for the kind words Wray (as well as _everyone_ else who has commented on my work posted here) , it's always terrific when someone else notices the fine details in something you've built. I've never really thought of myself as a perfectionist (you should see my kitchen), but I do admit that I have a very easily offended eye when it comes to the fine details in my modelling work.
The PT Boat has been a fascinating and educational project, mostly due to the fact that I designed it knowing full well that I had no solid idea as to how I was actually going to build the parts. I'm in _way_ over my head on this one, and I think that challenge is the driving force that's keeping the flame going on the PT Boat project.....I seem to be enjoying the pressure! Brace yourselves though, I will soon be asking alot of questions when it's time to start putting the skin on this thing.

With regards to the bead-roller, would you like me to post an article here in "free project plans" containing the line drawings? I figured I could just post the drawings here, and include a lnk in the text that points to the assembly article I posted the other night in the bead-roller forum.

Cheers!
kenb

Wray Schelin
06-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Ken wrote:

With regards to the bead-roller, would you like me to post an article here in "free project plans" containing the line drawings? I figured I could just post the drawings here, and include a lnk in the text that points to the assembly article I posted the other night in the bead-roller forum.

Cheers!
kenb

Hi Ken, I think I already linked the drawings in the free plan forum.

Check it out maybe you can add something.

Thanks,

Wray

gearhead1
11-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Man Is that ever fantastic! Detailed drawings and beautiful pics too! Outstanding.....I can't wait to build one. (oh...I guess I need a lathe and mill first.....)

Joefish
02-16-2006, 07:52 AM
I cant belive the fantastic things you guys make and do here

This bead roller is a hi tech pice and I thought willams low buck guy had a cool bead roller this is way cooler

jvo
02-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Really nice work, Ken. I'm personally halfway through the basic machinist's course at the local community college. Three hours, once a week for 10 weeks. I'll be a guru when I'm done. Look out, Joe Andrews. Seriously though, I'm having lots of fun building a plumb bob. Its a pretty intense project for me. I don't know how you guys get anything done. It takes me half an evening just to grind a cutting tool. John V.O.